Is anyone else worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, bolasie, Rooney, Ramirez, and lookman don't count!
A chicken with no head, a player of undoubted class (IF he can make it successfully onto the pitch). a complete unknown quantity, and a kid who has failed to conclusively announce himself as a PL player.

Yep, we're doing ok there.

Dave mate, this post has been earmarked for the vaults in 3 months...

Klaassen will be in a cat fight with Gana for our player of the season in May. People are going to be purring about our midfield.

Teams are going to sit against us and we are going to have to play through them, with a smarter midfield than McCarthy, Barry and Ross. That means Klaassen, Davies and Lookman, etc. If you watched the friendlies, the setup is changing from trying to play with a focal point to more of a dynamic front 4/5 with the FB providing width.

LB cover, CB and a striker if we want to play more direct, are the priorities now.
We also need a mobile (and preferably good in the air) striker to lead the line.

Here's what will happen if we dont get one: when we're at home we'll see opponents sit deep and frustrate, and they'll allow FBs to get forward and wont be too bothered by it as they'll bank on dealing with that by shutting down space for crosses/space in the box; away from home we'll have an attack that has almost no pace that cant see us counter with any real effect.

I posted a thread a few weeks back about the potential problem of us having a pop gun attack: I think with 3 weeks to the season's start that problem is looming ever more largely. I suggest something is done about it...quickly.

Reactions: DRM
We also need a mobile (and preferably good in the air) striker to lead the line.

Here's what will happen if we dont get one: when we're at home we'll see opponents sit deep and frustrate, and they'll allow FBs to get forward and wont be too bothered by it as they'll bank on dealing with that by shutting down space for crosses/space in the box; away from home we'll have an attack that has almost no pace that cant see us counter with any real effect.
I posted a thread a few weeks back about the potential problem of us having a pop gun attack: I think with 3 weeks to the season's start that problem is looming ever more largely. I suggest something is done about it...quickly.

I think it's obvious to all that Koeman is looking into it. Not for one minute does anyone think otherwise.....apart from maybe you.
The window has plenty of time left open and business is not finished so we have no need to worry too much or attempt to make others worry.
I like what has happened so far and I am excited for the new season and seasons hereafter, we are a club on the up so we all should enjoy the ride and let the experts get on with building the club while we support them and carry on with our own jobs which is not top level football related.

I think it's obvious to all that Koeman is looking into it. Not for one minute does anyone think otherwise.....apart from maybe you.
The window has plenty of time left open and business is not finished so we have no need to worry too much or attempt to make others worry.
I like what has happened so far and I am excited for the new season and seasons hereafter, we are a club on the up so we all should enjoy the ride and let the experts get on with building the club while we support them and carry on with our own jobs which is not top level football related.
We're a club that finished 7th on the strength of the goals and assists of a player who just left us. THAT'S where we are in reality.

On the striker issue: I stated that the fear is we'll start with a pop gun attack...and with every passing week that ticks by it is a fear that many others will share too.

A chicken with no head, a player of undoubted class (IF he can make it successfully onto the pitch). a complete unknown quantity, and a kid who has failed to conclusively announce himself as a PL player.

Yep, we're doing ok there.
They may not be what we want but you said that he hadn't put together an attacking unit, that is different.

Is anyone else worried about are lack of strikers at the club who can put the ball in the net?

My concern is the the board, koeman every man and his dog knew Lukaku was leaving and we have not replaced him, with a proven forward.

I know people are going to say Sandro... he has not proven yet, plus he is the only one.

Surely they would have lined someone up?
*our

We're a club that finished 7th on the strength of the goals and assists of a player who just left us. THAT'S where we are in reality.

On the striker issue: I stated that the fear is we'll start with a pop gun attack...and with every passing week that ticks by it is a fear that many others will share too.

and koeman has stated that he is working on the productivity of the team thus meaning spreading the goals around and more creativity involving not just 1 or 2 players like last season but several. If he gets it right then if a player is having an off day then the goals can still come. We survived without Lukaku and we will still survive. Koeman is still looking to strengthen up front and we have to wait and see who comes in and then allow the season to start before judgement can be passed.

and koeman has stated that he is working on the productivity of the team thus meaning spreading the goals around and more creativity involving not just 1 or 2 players like last season but several. If he gets it right then if a player is having an off day then the goals can still come. We survived without Lukaku and we will still survive. Koeman is still looking to strengthen up front and we have to wait and see who comes in and then allow the season to start before judgement can be passed.
Well it looks to me like he's just going to add another player who plays in behind a striker and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.