In all seriousness, this derby record: WTF are we going to do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting shot of the chairman, ceo, half the playing staff and particularly this guy http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/sam-allardyce/ would be a start.

It’s not bad luck, it’s not referees, it’s our inferiorority complex. with the exception of Martinez who got tonked, we have had 25 years of managers who’s main ambition was to avoid defeat.

So to answer your question, support someone else because the run ain’t ending anytime soon.
You had me up till the last line.

We CAN face them even with less talented players than we have now and get the result. It takes a plan and players who enjoy that occasion....and I do think we ourselves have a part to play. We are so 'kin expectant of a defeat that we ask NOTHING of our players other than a battling perfomance. They are encouraged to avoid going out on the pitch to win.

giphy_s.gif

Do you know Dave,last night at 1-1,ten minutes to go was our opportunity, all us fans were urging them forward to make it a night to remember,I was looking at our fellas out there, did I see a steely look in their eyes that they were going all out to make something special happen?no,unfortunately all I could see was fear and trepidation and a look of "hope"that we could get out of there with a replay, that is why it was no surprise to me when they got the winner, until we get over this stupid "fear mentality"we have,I can't see things changing.

Do you know Dave,last night at 1-1,ten minutes to go was our opportunity, all us fans were urging them forward to make it a night to remember,I was looking at our fellas out there, did I see a steely look in their eyes that they were going all out to make something special happen?no,unfortunately all I could see was fear and trepidation and a look of "hope"that we could get out of there with a replay, that is why it was no surprise to me when they got the winner, until we get over this stupid "fear mentality"we have,I can't see things changing.
Exactly mate. We were hoping they'd miss chances we knew they'd create because we wouldn't or couldn't keep them busy at the other end.

Last seven years have we had worse teams than them every time though? I dont think so.

They've always had one or two more quality players than we have had unfortunately. Keep Lukaku and Barkley and add them into our new signings and then we are starting to build some sort of a team that can compete.

Nothing will happen for the foreseeable future until a complete change of attitude finally hits this club. We have people ringing it in from the highest levels of the club so why should the players try any harder to be winners when the powers that be simply don't care all that much? Oh I'm sure we'll fluke a derby win at some point in the hopefully not to distant future but it really won't be the answer to this truely bizarre inferiority complex our players seen to have against that horrid cult over the park.

I know opinion is divided by McCarthy but he does this well imo. If Sam does bring in N'Zonzi, then I reckon he will do well in the derbies aswell.
Yep, he's the right stuff mentally speaking. We need creativity to go with it too.

They've always had one or two more quality players than we have had unfortunately. Keep Lukaku and Barkley and add them into our new signings and then we are starting to build some sort of a team that can compete.
That's true for the most part. Still, it doesn't explain this record. 16 'kin games against a near rival. it's not David and Goliath proportion rivalry.

Yep, he's the right stuff mentally speaking. We need creativity to go with it too.

we was relegation fodder a couple weeks back, playing the most inform team barring city, away. we did well not to lose 3 or 4 really.

our day will come, and the wait will make it that bit sweeter dave.

chins up lad

I see that too. Seems like they are scared of their own shadow. One shot on target tells the whole story really.

we was relegation fodder a couple weeks back, playing the most inform team barring city, away. we did well not to lose 3 or 4 really.

our day will come, and the wait will make it that bit sweeter dave.

chins up lad

That's this season though. We have been in good shape going into most of these 16 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.