In all seriousness, this derby record: WTF are we going to do about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moshiri needs to buy out Kenwright, Woods & the rest, get them out of the club.

Then he needs a full inquest. Find out what our DoF has been doing all season & why we didn’t have 2-3 deals lined up for Jan 1st. Also, why does every single transfer turn into a protracted farce.

Get rid of all the dead wood & hire professionals with a winning mentality.

What are our chances of getting him? I honestly think we're further away than ever, would love to be proved wrong though.

Imagine him on the touch line, or even on the pitch, getting stuck in when we've been wronged....
No chance. We'll have to unearth our own.

A proper manager would have us rampaging over that Liverpool team. Bolasie, Siggurddsson, Rooney, even DCL is quite capable of making an impact. Lookman and Vlasic on the bench. Without Coutinho and Salah in the side, I can't believe we lost.
It's a dented shield policy we've had for years. Even Martinez after that first Anfield derby never went toe to toe with them. The Goodison derby of that season, the 3-3, was exhilarating. We just went for it. Only a scabby late equaliser denied us.

The atmosphere for a derby at Goodison is about the only time I think you could say we really do get the place bouncing. You can't pin it on the fans for our results in these games. Quite the opposite.

Defo not pinning it on the fans Mate, just saying I don't think the old lady ever really gets to be her intimidating best anymore.

We could build tunnels under Goodison, then train a small crack team of moles fitted with the latest light bending technology. Then like predators we could stalk the opposition without being seen and maybe reach the odd Bolasie cross.

As far as I can make out a 16 game sequence without a win is a club all time low. Seven years without a win. It's beyond embarrassing. Yes there's been draws and near misses, but it's pathetic. And that game yesterday, scabby penalty or not, we were second best.

If we'd hung on there last night I was confident we could finish them off at GP. We now have the Goodison derby left to try and put this atrocious record in the bin. Each season that goes by without us doing it though is going to make it even more of a monkey to get off our backs.

I cant think of a top-flight city rivalry as lopsided as our derby. They have more resources traditionally and, of course they have the officials weighing in for them, but that doesn't explain this phenomenon. The players just haven't been mentally up to it. That's true. But also our supporters expect it and they transmit that, so a draw is almost seen as our players' pre-derby target.

I'm completely mortified by this seven year record. More should be made of this and pressure heaped on our playing staff that a draw every other game or so is just not acceptable. Liverpool are the low-lying fruit of the PL elite too. It's not like they are untouchable in the last seven years.

As said in the thread title: what is to be done here? How does this run end and what do we need to do?

..it’s a very good and worthwhile thread by the way. I think if we solve this we solve everything.

They've spent over a billion pounds since the PL began. A BILLION. although we should theoretically have, even by chance, beaten them more often it's hard to compete with that spending power.

Funny how they moan about the spending power of city and Chelsea. They've been the big spenders in my opinion considering they've never won the league.

I think our squad could do with a pep talk from Joe Royle before the next derby.Unbeaten in his tenure as manager against that lot, and of course our last manager to win a trophy.No win at Anfield since september 1999, and no win against that lot of any sort, since october 2010.That record is gone beyond disgraceful.

The derby records of the likes of Lucas Leiva and Jordan Henderson depresses me no end.

Getting some professionals at board level would help in this fixture.

I grew up as a teenager in the 70's when we went 15 games until Andy is our King stopped the rot. It was even more depressing then because Satan FC were winning everything. I'm now immune, which is also depressing.
I was in my 20s then and your comments are spot on. Imagine now if they started winning stuff and we don't move on? This site would self destruct in its own fume!! We need to make them as bitter about us as they are about Man U especially, or anyone else they see in the "top six" as rivals (Spuds excepted naturally). Us winning trophies might be a starting point yes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.