2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor again last night.

I don't necessarily expect him to have the same presence as Gomes but he needs to have something like. Just so, so poor on the ball, constant hospital passes in the middle which puts us right under pressure.

Doucoure is the kind of 'attainable upgrade' that we should be looking seriously at.

As much as I like Gana for what he’s provided to the team, over the last couple of seasons, hes not good enough for ya to improve. He’s starting to stand out now because it’s generally him where the passing breaks down. Good squad player for a top side but no more than that.

I'd like to know who the alternatives are though as every team has a player in the mould of Gana that is in there to protect the back 4, regain possession and play 10 yard balls to better players (or be more expansive if they are at a top club). Clearly the top sides have different levels of that kind of player - e.g Busquets for Barca. But Busquets was no Iniesta or Xavi was he?

So I am interested to know who an Everton side that is commonly around 7th/8th can go and get that is a significant upgrade to Gana to take us to the next level. The likes of Gana need to improve on their passing, but he's not alone in being limited in that regard.

Gana and Gomes were forming an excellent partnership together before the last 3 games. Now we've had a poor run of results and Gana is being written off. Ridiculous in my opinion. I think they will gain back that good form.

Busquets is actually a very good passer of the ball.

Coward ha ha
Ok mate Ndombele or frankie de jong, 70mil for either and not going to happen.
We were linked with Torreira, who’s a better player than gana
Just mentioned in my last post Torreira, would be an upgrade for 22mil and at 22 has loads of potential to get better and better.

I’m sure silva and Brands will be looking for a number 6 around that age bracket, who already is technically a much better play than gana, who also has the potential to kick on.

Gana’s passing is not going to improve anytime soon.

You talk like we are still stuck in the Moyes and kenwright era, I’m hoping thing are different now. And if players aren’t good enough they will be replaced, I believe even being 7th or 8th we can pay the fees and wages to attract champions league players from lesser leagues.

Bring in Gomes and another similar quality player and we'll have the starting centre.

There are quite a few options.

Busquets is actually a very good passer of the ball.

I know he is. I said about different levels and I was using an example of a player who is in there to protect the back 4 but is clearly in a different league to Gana. But whatever Busquets can or has been able to give to Barca, it's no where near what Xavi and Iniesta could give in terms of creativity and flair because he does not have their attributes.

In our team, we have Gana to win the ball back and protect the back 4, and then our creative players are Gomes, Bernard, Sigurdsson etc and Gana does not need to be able to be an excellent passer. His general passing does need to improve at the moment though I definitely agree with the criticism there currently.

I know he is. I said about different levels and I was using an example of a player who is in there to protect the back 4 but is clearly in a different league to Gana. But whatever Busquets can or has been able to give to Barca, it's no where near what Xavi and Iniesta could give in terms of creativity and flair because he does not have their attributes.

In our team, we have Gana to win the ball back and protect the back 4, and then our creative players are Gomes, Bernard, Sigurdsson etc and Gana does not need to be able to be an excellent passer. His general passing does need to improve at the moment though I definitely agree with the criticism there currently.

Well, if the opposition just press Gana then he plays some bizarre balls so it is pretty important for him to pass it.

Who should he give the ball to when hes being pressed if hes not good enough to pass forward?

Fernindno offers little offensively and Torreira has only played a handful of Games , but I’ve not seen him hitting any defenders splitting passes like DeBruyne

Torreira was pretty good in italy as well...not only played a handful of games :eek:

Not sure how the comparison with de bruyne is relevant?

We need either a DM who can also pass...or a box to box player...

I think the way Marco Silva plays requires someone who can do more than just run around.

He breaks up play excellently, but when in possession with the ball he kind of kills off our attacks.

Must be frustrating for our gorgeous midfield dynamo.

Fernindno offers little offensively and Torreira has only played a handful of Games , but I’ve not seen him hitting any defenders splitting passes like DeBruyne
I don’t watch them every week, but I’m sure Fernandinho scored a few goals last season, not sure about assists. And Torreira has also scored, he also was taking a free kick and corners for Arsenal last week. He must be technically good to be taking them.

Could you imagine gana on free kicks and corners.

It was obvious in the 20 minutes either side of half time that he was goosed. Silva should have brought Davies on after 55 minutes, at least we would have had some legs in midfield.

Looked like to me he has been managing an ongoing injury over the last couple of games. When he is on it, he is all over the pitch - clearly that has not been the case the last few matches.

I like the guy, but he's nothing beyond a decent-honest 'nuts and bolts' midfielder.

Very poor distribution, hardly ever chips in with a goal, and rarely dominates games.

No more than a squad player soon I fear.

Status
Not open for further replies.