2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see him as the driving force behind Gomes form, thats like saying the bloke who made the ladders was the driving force for Michelangelo's sistine chapel ceiling

If we want to play better long term then Gueye has to go. You can't carry a central midfielder in this league who cant complete 6 yard passes.

I'd like to see how Davies does along with Gomes.

If we want to play better long term then Gueye has to go. You can't carry a central midfielder in this league who cant complete 6 yard passes.

We've objectively proven this is fault about a hundred times, but keep promulgating the myth that he can't pass.

Would've made a MASSIVE difference today.

Once again we looked poor without gueye, and still people on here want to sell him. I thought gomes looked poorer today without him and siggurdsson was anonymous due to the change of formation required due to his absence.

We have Mccarthy and schneiderlin who don't even make the squad when he is fit, as well as besic out on loan. All three can be sold without gueye needing to be shipped off. I agree we need to upgrade in a year's time, but gueye would still be instrumental as a squad player. Really don't understand the hate he gets here though, we're always poor without him.

When you need a player to run around like a headless chook tracking down players, Gueye is your man. And that is what we spent much of the game doing.

That being said, his ball skills are nowhere near as good as other central midfielders in the top 6. If that is the benchmark then he will need strong competition. Especially if Silva wants the side to improve and go down the path of the 433 with a deep lying playmaker, then there really is no room for Gueye.

We needed Gana against City. Was the wrong game to play Sigurdsson in. You don't play a second striker in holding midfield against the best users of the pill in Europe. And whereas Gueye wasn't fit then one of Davies/Schneiderlin or even Mccarthy should have played.

Any calls for Gueye to be benched are naive. We're currently a better team with him starting. But we should aim higher.

He was missed the other day. We had nobody closing down the ball or making any tackles and it showed.

Still- I’m not really arsed about it though because I wanted to see how the 3 at the back experiment at the back fared, and it failed

....It was always a longshot regardless of who started

It's a long thread, it's all in there. First of all, his passing rate is always high. Second of all, he doesn't pass backwards very often. Third of all, he doesn't turn it over. It's all made up silliness.

When he doesn't play, you'd have to be a complete dunce not to see how much worse we are, but even THAT isn't enough for some.

It's a long thread, it's all in there. First of all, his passing rate is always high. Second of all, he doesn't pass backwards very often. Third of all, he doesn't turn it over. It's all made up silliness.

When he doesn't play, you'd have to be a complete dunce not to see how much worse we are, but even THAT isn't enough for some.

But hes 29 and wasnt considered a wonderkid by FM, how can he be good??????????????????????

Gueye has to go? Yesterday showed how much we miss him, Davies on the other hand offers nothing but image, which is why he doesn't get a look in.

I want to see us play football. The worst passer in our side isn't helping that. It's not all about tackling.

Have you seen Davies in possession? Because him repeatedly giving the ball away is one of the reasons why he's not pushed on.

He's young, so not writing him off, but he's not improved to the level he should have and he was given loads of opportunities to concentrate on improving his passing and didn't take them. Won't be replacing Gana in this side.

Status
Not open for further replies.