2018/19 Idrissa Gueye

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's needed in todays game more than against teams like Watford and Newcastle at home. He should be used in a system against certain teams. Been woeful lately as been tired or whatever but can argue that he was needed today.

Weird isn't it, lads say Gana has/is been crap, yet when he's out Gomes isn't as productive, and we look as soft as hell in the middle of the park.
People expect him to be some Modric/Kante hybrid who can win every ball then spray a 40 yard pass right to Richarlison’s forehead, when in reality he’s among the best ballwinners in the league.

But as you say the midfield is clearly better with him in it.

I knew a defeat would bring out the church of gana, might be the most overrated player we have ever had, he's decent and I hope he is fit for spurs but honestly have never seen such hyperbole around a player, been crap for a month

I get what you mean, we all know his techincal limitations but him and Gomes do compliment each other. I'd like us to maybe sacrifice him in home games against weaker teams but out of the last 3 games this is where you would say he was most needed.

I knew a defeat would bring out the church of gana, might be the most overrated player we have ever had, he's decent and I hope he is fit for spurs but honestly have never seen such hyperbole around a player, been crap for a month

He's not the most gifted mate, and his passing game leaves a lot to be desired, but he reads the game really well, tracks back, and has allowed Gomes to look like the player we've been craving in the middle. If I could have my way I would get Doucoure in tomorrow (not just because he bossed our midfield the other night) but until something .like that happens Gana is the best we've got to do that job.

He's not the most gifted mate, and his passing game leaves a lot to be desired, but he reads the game really well, tracks back, and has allowed Gomes to look like the player we've been craving in the middle. If I could have my way I would get Doucoure in tomorrow (not just because he bossed our midfield the other night) but until something .like that happens Gana is the best we've got to do that job.
I don't really see him as the driving force behind Gomes form, thats like saying the bloke who made the ladders was the driving force for Michelangelo's sistine chapel ceiling

People expect him to be some Modric/Kante hybrid who can win every ball then spray a 40 yard pass right to Richarlison’s forehead, when in reality he’s among the best ballwinners in the league.

But as you say the midfield is clearly better with him in it.
so when you try as a manger to move a team forward to start dominating possession in 80% of our games, never going to happen away at City.

76% possession v Newcastle and 57% v Watford( though this was a poor performance) you don’t need to win as many tackles. And it’s not about making 40yrd killer passes, it’s the 15 yd ones he will give away or he will pick the wrong option and put a player and the team in trouble.

I don’t think he will be a starter this time next year, time will tell

Status
Not open for further replies.