Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Common sense I think to be honest. You would more likely wear a big name brand like Nike then Hummel would you not.

If I am in the market to buy an 2020/21 Everton kit then I will be wearing a Hummel Everton kit because the Nike one doesn't exist!

The brand is not the selling point here, it's the club!

Generally only Everton fans are buying our kit regardless of the brand.

If I am in the market to buy an 2020/21 Everton kit then I will be wearing a Hummel Everton kit because the Nike one doesn't exist!

The brand is not the selling point here, it's the club!

Generally only Everton fans are buying our kit regardless of the brand.
Yeah the conversation was more than that to be fair. The club go with who pays us the most and I don’t care who that is can be anyone.

Have people actually said that? (They may have to be fair)

That wouldn't be using templates for us as we would be the biggest club on their books.
Yeah pretty much everyone who is saying they're good are using that as reasoning. But then every other kit I see of theirs looks incredibly similar to the 'classic' Denmark kit which they made 34 years ago. Split it in half, do a bit of thin stripe/fading, stick a chevron on it. Boom, bespoke kit. I think basically they just haven't got enough clients for it to be as obvious as when Nike or Adidas do it.

Yeah pretty much everyone who is saying they're good are using that as reasoning. But then every other kit I see of theirs looks incredibly similar to the 'classic' Denmark kit which they made 34 years ago. Split it in half, do a bit of thin stripe/fading, stick a chevron on it. Boom, bespoke kit. I think basically they just haven't got enough clients for it to be as obvious as when Nike or Adidas do it.

There's nothing new in fashion. And there is only so much you can do with a football shirt.

They have done that once with Coventry City as a throwback shirt. I think they did a Christiania one a few years back in yellow and red (their town colours) but they are a lower league side and even then they did the mad away shirt.

The national kits tend to be a bit more straight forward but that's normal for International sides.

was in the Adidas shop in town yesterday. The new Germany & Sweden gear is superb & Bayern is spot on. Would love Adidas to do our kits

We all would but they would not be doing great kits like those teams (Germany and Bayern always have boss kits) we would be in the same boat as Leicester (who's kit looks alright to be fair) where you wouldn't even find it in an Adidas shop (obviously the local ones you would).

Maybe once we have a bit of success...

Majestic this

It's a bit Spurs.
Common sense I think to be honest. You would more likely wear a big name brand like Nike then Hummel would you not.
I would wear what looks best. As a kid I can understand it if it were unrelated to Everton, but it's not. As an adult, I find it strange that people are advocating buying/wearing something purely on name rather than look/feel.

It's a bit Spurs.

I would wear what looks best. As a kid I can understand it if it were unrelated to Everton, but it's not. As an adult, I find it strange that people are advocating buying/wearing something purely on name rather than look/feel.
I don’t care what it looks like and who it is could be Neto for all I care it’s a business and who ever pays the most gets my vote. Your right people may feel better in say Umbro or Adidas than Nike Because it’s a lose fit I include myself in that.

They use different materials in all sorts off kits. You have material then helps players not heat up and sweat as much. Kits that are fitted not lose to help players movement etc. Also why Nike and puma can charge more than say Umbro they are better quality. And better quality doesn’t necessarily mean appearance btw.

Just remembered. I do have a pair of Adidas football shorts with climalite and didn't notice any difference over a Puma shorts without an equivalent one while playing for two hours in the summer heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.