Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a reason the biggest and best teams have those brands.

"My knowledge of fashion and sport brands outweighs your simplistic knowledge of Nike and Adidas."

You're a waste of time congrats you're the first person I have to put on ignore.

The reason they have those brands is because those brands have the most money to pay for the rights to do their kits. That's also why the big clubs get bespoke kits and the rest have to deal with the hand me downs.

If we could get a bespoke deal with Adidas (I really don't like Nike stuff..) then brilliant, but we can't at this point.

Honestly though the selling point of a football kit is the football club not the brand of it. Otherwise it's the cart leading the horse. Your potential market doesn't really change, certainly not to noticeable levels. The only really thing that would improve that is success on the pitch.

I think you'll all be very happy with the kits Hummel produce. As a Coventry fan, this season we've had a couple of absolute crackers, the best we've had for years. I suppose that isn't tough because the past few years, they have been dire. They're unique (no template designs) and designed specially for us.

Take a look at our home kit and 3rd kit (two tone).

I've not seen a single negative comment from fans about their Hummel kits.

And yes, those details in Hummel shirts are lovely touch.

Some kids will buy it regardlessly, but there's a bigger segement that won't get the shirt or the training gear because it's an awful brand.

I get you but what are you actually basing that on? I don't see any major indicators to back that up. The Le Coq stuff sold well and I would say they are below Hummel perception wise.

Hummel do actually do good quality gear! It's all a perception thing. I collect football shirts (I don't wear them, they don't fit me very well!) and must have about 20 Hummel shirts from various eras and have always found them to be really well made and nice looking (or wonderfully ridiculous) so I think that's why I go to bat for them so much.

Along with Adidas they are my favourite kit manufacturer. Hummel are probably dying to go with us to boost their profile too which puts us in a strong position. I also like the fact that they seem to be a company with a conscience (shame about the current sponsor...)

Has Hummel even been confirmed by the way? We seem to be having a lot of conversation about something that may not even happen!

Literally no club does this. I dare say no kit manufacturer nowadays would even sign up on the basis of 2 year kits. Shabite as it is, they sell loads more by changing every year, plenty of people will just blindly buy the newest kit - especially for kids.
No they don’t anymore but they use to. It’s more about time taken to design a kit. templates exist now because they change it every year and just go on a cycle.

The older generation are out of touch, lack of awareness on how a decent kit manufacturer will increase sales and actually look better.

School kids who will be the main ones buying the shirt, will be more reluctant to bounce round in Hummel.
That’s a great point yeah, still think younger kids will buy it because it’s new that’s where kit manufacturers have the parents by the neck really. But your right you won’t sell as Much as whole if it was like Nike for example.

That’s a great point yeah, still think younger kids will buy it because it’s new that’s where kit manufacturers have the parents by the neck really. But your right you won’t sell as Much as whole if it was like Nike for example.

Other factors too, I considered getting the inter away kit this year for 5 aside as it looks class, coincidently made by Nike.

Do you have comparative sales figures or is it a case of making things up to fit your world view?

Considering everyone keeps saying Hummel don’t use templates, an awful lot of their kits look remarkably similar. They’re bespoke in a very loose sense.

Have people actually said that? (They may have to be fair)

That wouldn't be using templates for us as we would be the biggest club on their books.

Status
Not open for further replies.