'Howard's Way' Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched it for the second time.

God just how good were those halcyon days. I remember being every single one of those players whilst playing football as a youngster.

Please god let this current shower emulate Kendall’s team of the 80’s.

Just watched it for the second time.

God just how good were those halcyon days. I remember being every single one of those players whilst playing football as a youngster.

Please god let this current shower emulate Kendall’s team of the 80’s.
Oh god I echo your sentiments and hope
I just want to sample those days again in my lifetime
We can only hope....
We deserve some success soon

Oh god I echo your sentiments and hope
I just want to sample those days again in my lifetime
We can only hope....
We deserve some success soon

Football tends to be cyclical.
I genuinely believe our time will come again... I just hope it’s within our lifetime.

We tend to only taste success when managed by a past player though... who’s going to be our saviour?

Football tends to be cyclical.
I genuinely believe our time will come again... I just hope it’s within our lifetime.

We tend to only taste success when managed by a past player though... who’s going to be our saviour?
If so I can’t get too enthused about...?
Ferguson
Unsworth
Rooney
Jeffers
Bilic
Arteta maybe

We all know who stopped us from competing in the European Cup the season after. That team were far superior to the teams in the competition in 1986.

Checked on Wikipedia and Anderlecht were given a bye as they were supposed to play us. The Juventus team were on the wane with a lot of their players getting older, Barcelona werent exactly a great team and Steaua simply won the final by boring them to death and spawning it on penalties.

Given the fact that we already had great pedigree from winning the Cup Winners Cup I have no doubt that we had the know how about dealing with all the snide tricks European teams pulled on English teams back then. We didnt even get a chance to play Juventus for the Super Cup.

Outstanding, this was the best time of my life the hyenas that are pulling on the jersey today aren’t a shade on these fellas. The game was so much better back then, the tackles that went on in the Munich game! Psycho nailing players every week and that revenge tackle by Reidy on the lad that did Inchy.
The Gaffer would be proud of that film.

Watched it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.
A fantastic nostalgia trip which made me feel glad I'd been around to witness this golden era and at the same time sad we are currently light years away from attaining this level of football anytime soon.
Also it might sound strange, but it was the first time I'd ever heard or seen an interview with Psycho Pat and I had no idea what a cockney geezer he was.

We all know who stopped us from competing in the European Cup the season after. That team were far superior to the teams in the competition in 1986.

Checked on Wikipedia and Anderlecht were given a bye as they were supposed to play us. The Juventus team were on the wane with a lot of their players getting older, Barcelona werent exactly a great team and Steaua simply won the final by boring them to death and spawning it on penalties.

Given the fact that we already had great pedigree from winning the Cup Winners Cup I have no doubt that we had the know how about dealing with all the snide tricks European teams pulled on English teams back then. We didnt even get a chance to play Juventus for the Super Cup.

I genuinely had no idea that we’d been drawn to play Anderlecht! Were we banned after the draw then? Anderlecht were a good side then, they beat Bayern en route to the semis that year...

Status
Not open for further replies.