'Howard's Way' Film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just watched it on dvd with a few tears I must admit
Why wasn’t there more footage of the 86/7 season? Only reference was the Norwich game
Great watch though. Joy and sadness

Just watched it on dvd with a few tears I must admit
Why wasn’t there more footage of the 86/7 season? Only reference was the Norwich game
Great watch though. Joy and sadness
Just my opinion, but I think the films shows a bit about our history, where we were when Howie took over and where he took us to before the European ban. Would have been nice to see more but we were one of the best sides in Europe in 85, and prob a good place to end.

Great this. Need to catch it.

At some point we have to look forward rather than back though. We need a new generation of legends.
Dont worry our current team will be seen as legends in 30 years time...:rolleyes:
Im already looking forward to the Norwich game arent you?

I've ordered the DVD which is arriving on Saturday. Going to watch it on the night with a few beers.

I was junior school age during those mid-80s glory years but can remember this club in it's absolute pomp. Feel sorry for the younger fans who are unlikely to ever experience an era like that. The club is now a parody of what we were back then.

Now approaching 25 years potless. Ridiculous you've got to be at least 30 to recall us win anything.

Got to watch it last night and wanted to make a few points

*those who say we are an arlarse bunch of fans who are too quick to get on the players backs.....we've always been a demanding bunch... demanding of effort. If effort is shown, the fans will back the team to the hilt. One of the best sides we've ever produced, nearly every player mentions this and have continued to mention this over the years. It's o.k to say average effort/performance isn't good enough!

2nd point. I wish there was more of Howard Kendall in it then I thought, well that would be just typical of him and he'd be happier letting the players talk about these great memories and letting them have the limelight.

3rd point. Pat Van Den Hauwe just comes across brilliantly in it. I'm not sure why he stood out more than others for me, just everything he said really struck a chord with me.

The team spirit, bond and most importantly will to win comes across in abundance.

Its crazy when you look back and you see these players were under real pressure to win a trophy because we'd gone 14 years without a trophy yet here we are 24 years after our last trophy still waiting.

So what can we do about it? Well all we are in control of is showing our unconditional love and support. So when Leicester roll into town for the QF let's make it a night to remember, push these players over the line, will them on to victory and make it another amazing night under the lights.

Derek Mountfield was right, that first trophy is so important, not just because it gives the team belief, it transmits to the fans and gets them believing as well.

Brilliant film and now its time for Everton Football Club to be making dome new memories because there's too many fellas and kids who have never seen a successful Everton.

Get fed up with people blaming our long term demise on Heysel.
The facts are, that we were English league champions 2 years after the ban.
From a position were we needed to strengthen ,we go out and buy dross like McDonald, Nevin, Adams, Aspinall & Langley,whilst other clubs invested in other available quality players like Barnes, Beardsley, Aldridge, Houghton & Gascoigne.
Don't say they would never have joined us, we were fkin league champions at the time..
Fact is, Steven left three years after the Heysel ban and Trevor Steven left after four.
Why did they stick around so long, if the ban was holding them back?
There was only one year left of the ban.
The truth is, we invested poorly and the team of 85 could see it, the long term demise had now started.

When an ordinary fan appears in it more times than the main man something is wrong somewhere.

Seems like someone’s ego needed massaging.

Good idea, good attempt but falls short of being the master piece it could and should have been.
Really enjoyed the film in the main part but I agree with your comments. Thought they could have cut virtually all of his stuff out and added in some more about the 87 title win and why Howard left. Would have been a better film for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.