Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about Kasper Schmeichel folks? Leicester's player of the year & player's player of the year last season, young, maybe capable of making the step up? Surname begins with an S?

Ticks many of the boxes, surely? Can't honestly claim to have watched him much myself, just the odd game here and there, but he looks decent enough and is highly rated (but then that could be his name getting him plaudits I guess). Whadda people reckon?

Cudicini was fantastic to watch in his day, before that horrible accident he had. Not saying I'd take him over Howard, but he made some awesome Youtube saves. A bit eccentric too, but name me a keeper who isn't I guess.

I kinda liked grobelaar, whenever we were ahead I remember doing the Grobelaar what's the score thing and he'd give it the old 1-0 fingers when we were beating them to the Gwladys.

Love you mate but really dont agree.

A solid premier league keeper what has played for Man United and us for a good few seasons over a substitute and a nobody. :-/

When 1st choice for chelsea cudicini was top class.

Took a pretty good hit in last nights match with Jamaica in the 53rd min. Finished the match but look in pain at the time. Scary that we are one good clattering away from Mucha.

Howard is a good goalie in the David Seaman mold - commanding without being flash - trouble is he's developing the same trait as Seaman letting long shots in.

The thing with Howard is that you can see why Man Utd sold him, hes not a world class goalkeeper in fact i would put him in the category of an average premier league goalkeeper. If we want to go to the next step, either Howard needs to improve his concentration (which is unlikely given his age) or we need to sign a new keeper. Butland would have been a great signing given his age and we could have gradually introduced him into the team.
In fact I would say that John Ruddy isn't far off Howards ability now and he still has time to improve, we probably should have kept him. Decent bloke as well, donates his clean sheet bonuses to charity, doesn't happen much at Norwich though.

Status
Not open for further replies.