Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howard has been consistent for about 4 years, he does need competition though.

he's not developing that at all, he's always been pretty mediocre to just outright poor at stopping long shops.

Keepers have consistently been getting worse at this for 10 years with how much the new balls move all over the place. There's a reason more long shots go in. It's tough to judge balls when they're dancing through the air for 25 meters.

He could've done better, but the midfield and defence couldn't hack it.

Howard pulled a very good one on one save from Ben Arfa at 1.1

First half with only 1 up Front for Newcastle, the defence was cruising. 2nd half, with 2 up front for Newcastle, they were scrabbling and struggling. Worrying.

Every time they launched an attack 2nd half, I had a feeling they could score. Even after Anichebe's goal, I wasn't as happy as usual... doesn't help that Osman and Neville were the shield in front of them I suppose.

Howard's never made me too confident in his abilities, always prone to the odd lack of judgement and **** long shot-stopping abilities but he seems to have dropped off a level. 1st goal was poor, every keeper should be saving it, the phrase "down in installments" seems apt. 2nd he just jumped up in the air. At least give the player a task in trying to lob you or take it around you ffs. Was he trying to make Ba **** out?! Hopefully it's just a bit of a blip and he'll be better next week...

Great save.

Howard looked very unconfident at times. And I think that has to be blamed on his lack of faith in Distin and Jagielka to actually mark their players.

Sorry not having it mate, though your right the defense should have done better, its inevitable that people will get in behind, he was rubbish- thats what a keeper is for to save a game.

Hes not good enough - wont labor it as ive never been a fan as most know.

Actually feel sorry for him - not specifcally tonight as im to gutted, but he did look a right goon - the lad just isnt up to the standard.

I also feel sorry for his teammates, for the effort they put in, to be let down by that lack of ability, or whatever goes on in his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.