How much more time should Silva be given?

How long should he be given?

• Press conference today at 2pm

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Monday 9am

Votes: 110 56.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we afford to keep sacking managers so quickly and hiring new ones who we then also sack a year a later ?

We’re still paying Martinez off aren’t we ?

it would help if the fella picking these managers actually had a clue about football.. rather than , in his own words, 'taking a big gamble'

Agree with the latter here, Silva if can find a way to sort the away form, and consistently we would be half decent more than we can be lol
That’s the main thing for me. Home is sorted. If he needs to switch up tactics away, get it done. He is a young manager, so I’m not 100 percent against giving him more time, but I’d like to see him learn from his mistakes.

I would like to see more energy in him. Watching at Pepp and Klopp with such energy that the locker room is rocking, if it's needed that they will yell until paint from the wall don't fell off. With Silva it's to easy, quiet, i think he is too friendly with the players, like he don't want to fight with anyone of them. You need to have energy to replicate it on the players and the pitch.

1 point off third. It’s the start of a season where we have a new spine of the team bedding in. It’s not worth worrying about yet fellas.

I don't think we should be having this debate until early January and see where we are in the cups. We have spent 18 months getting shut of most the dead wood lets give the new signings some time to settle in and hopefully results will improve.
If we go out off the cups early and we are hovering around the bottom half then we should start weighing up the options for next season.

I don't think we should be having this debate until early January and see where we are in the cups. We have spent 18 months getting shut of most the dead wood lets give the new signings some time to settle in and hopefully results will improve.
If we go out off the cups early and we are hovering around the bottom half then we should start weighing up the options for next season.

Agree but we can do with out surrenders like yesterday and Silva talking of lack of focus.

The issue is that we won't improve away until he completely changes his gameplan away from home.

You can't look to play posession football with full backs and midfield pushed right up unless you have top level players, rock sold solid athletic defenders, and outstanding composure on the ball. Only a few teams in the world can manage it.

There's a clear formula for winning away in the Premier League on a semi-consistent basis. It's sit back, let the opposition push out, win the ball in the middle third and be very direct on the transition. We have the players and the speed to do it now too. But if he wants to keep playing like we have this season away, then we will continue to lose.

We will see mate if he can and he has to really!

No mate im
Judging fans asking for him to be sacked after 5 games.

But they are not, they are judging him on his time at everton thus far. Is it that difficult to understand?

He has been very underwhelming so far. Doesn't look particularly inspiring on the touch line, substitutions and faith in certain players can be questioned.

It's starting to look like of we are happy with complete mediocrity he fits the bill. His career isn't particularly inspiring either.

I have to admit his body language on Sunday was a worry.
For me Silva has been a worry from word go, I never wanted him because I was certain he wouldn’t do well here. Up to now I’m right, can’t really see how it will get better for him. He could help himself by changing a few things tactically then we may improve, changing formation and quitting zonal marking would be a good start.

Silva won’t last the season. Moshiri wanted at least 7th last season, we got 8th. This season he will want to be closer to top 7 and under silva that isn’t happening. Get a reality check people, look at the start we have made.

For me Silva has been a worry from word go, I never wanted him because I was certain he wouldn’t do well here. Up to now I’m right, can’t really see how it will get better for him. He could help himself by changing a few things tactically then we may improve, changing formation and quitting zonal marking would be a good start.
I know what you are saying mate but for me Bin Laden would have been a step up from the gravy gussler

Status
Not open for further replies.