How good a player is Steven Pienaar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been moved around quite a bit the past few matches. Tough to gauge how he's playing given that he's lining up everywhere.

He's done some superb link up play and is as important as Mirallas and Baines in keeping attacks flowing smoothly. Without him we do okay but we're just not as polished and just that touch more predictable.

He hasn't been all that all season tbh.

Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this. He has had good games, just not enough of them.

As for last night I agree he should of came off, maybe Oviedo on to stretch the game with his pace and use his defensive nous to cover Baines when he got forward. Which was rarely last night, one of the reasons being that Pienaar wasn't giving him a lot of protection. Saw Barkley tracking back Baines' side more than I did Pienaar.

I agree not his best year. He's had some very good games but lately he's been a bit off form. Although I do really like how he switches to the middle and the right flank during games, he looks much more dangerous when he is more central.

He really needs to shoot more, I think at times he needs to just shoot instead of trying to get the clever assist. Remember schillo goals > assists

Status
Not open for further replies.