How good a player is Steven Pienaar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Careful throwing out statements like that.

The transition from Arteta to Fellaini has been a painful one, a massive downgrade, and an unaddressed problem. Central midfield creativity has been sacrificed for 'physical presence'.

Well done for winning a few headers against United. I have never seen Fellaini:
tackle well;
shoot convincingly; (especially from distance)
take players on;
unlock defences - I'm talking through balls, balls over the top, anything clever;
he lacks intelligence, pace, poise, guile, awareness, and simply quality.

Letting Arteta go for less than we paid for Fellani was criminal. We'd be a far better team if we could swap them.

Fellaini's ****. I was delighted by his moronic outburst, it's not the first.
Get rid, cash in, happy days. Plenty better midfielders to be signed.

Also you're right. Their skill set is 'different'. Arteta can pass, dribble, score goals, set goals up, control games and dictate the play, none of which Fellaini can do.

Clap clap clap. One turn against Bellamy who has knackered, not a defender, and a good 5 or 6 yards away steaming towards him. They were chasing the game and he did a bit of showboating. He's tried the same trick since and messed it up. Arteta did turns like that plenty of times and actually took the ball somewhere afterwards. Fellaini is a highlights player.

I blame those stupid Carrot boots he's been wearing, horrible orange things with green laces. He's been rubbish since he got those.

Get a proper pair of boots, bung a wig on and get back to top form please.

Just noticed this:

Last week South African coach Gordon Igesund reiterated his desire to try and persuade Pienaar to change his mind over his recent retirement from international football, but Pienaar insisted he remains happy with his decision and focused on the club he re-joined in the summer.

He said: “The most important thing was for me to think about myself and my body. To be honest I’ve got a reason why I retired from international football and it was for my health that it was important.

“I think it was a good idea not to go back and hopefully I can stay fit for the rest of the season.â€￾

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/ever...even-pienaar-100252-32213005/2/#ixzz2C0HR1nlJ

Didn't realise he had any significant health issues. Since he's retired from international football his form has dipped,(and he's shaved his head, but i'm not going to imply anything there) hope it's nothing too serious.

Pienaar hasn't been at his best this season but let's not go overboard. Still a very good player, I can forgive him for not being on top form for a period of the season.

Obviously, need him back up and running as Mirallas looks like he's crocked for a couple of games. Put it this way - I feel a lot more confident winning games when Pienaar is on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.