How good a player is Steven Pienaar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's quality. Very difficult to tackle, decent crosser, has a good shot when he actually uses it, very skillful and he can thread a pass brilliantly, which makes him a perfect partner for Baines on that left hand side. Their passing ability means they don't need pace to open teams up on the flank.

If you look at recent games it is him we miss the most when he isnt there! this is cos he likes to pick the ball up and travel wide, inside, wherever he wwants. He has great feet and can see a pass! one of our best players and helps us play a better brand of football. Without him in the team we can start to look long more. With him in the team we would have won the derby!!!

Pienaar is one of my favorite players so this may be a bit biased, but he's the one guy I knew we had to have if this season was going to be fruitful. He's such a joy to watch and we just look better with him on the pitch. If Neville were to relinquish his captain status today, I'd be hard-pressed to choose Baines or Jags over Pienaar. He has so much emotion on the pitch and, although he seems to struggle with getting angry at teammates recently, he makes every player look better.

He keeps possession even when be surrounded by numerous players and wins a ridiculous amount of free kicks in dangerous areas. Fantastic vision, at times it seems like he has eyes in the back of his head. He brings players into the game with his passing on the floor, especially Felli I've noticed of late. He always tracks back and supports Baines. His all round game is fantastic. Not to mention he is extremely passionate player and for the most part keeps a cool head.

I think the reason why Baines is topping the creativity charts this season is because of the build play from Pienaar. If Pienaar isn't getting the assist then he is most certainly getting the 3rd or 4th last touch.

pienaar is boss

Yeah I didn't think he's been that boss yet this season. Bit average all though his link up with Baines has still been very good.

Maybe I'm wrong or expect too much.

Still think he's a top player who's essential to us.

Match of the Day 3 - love him.

Would be a superb player, if he had more of an end product though he has improved, offer us great varience, movement link up and engine.

The most fouled player in the premier league in like 2009/10 i think. Shows how good he is at keeping the ball for us, and as mentioned earlier, he really does do well in bringing others into play. Keeps it much better than Osman. Neville just wants to get rid of it. Felli does this same aspect of play quite well, but it's slightly more volatile with him as we often play it direct and in the air, Pienaar keeps the ball on the ground and travels with it.

Also like how he's improved his shooting. Lots of quality there, he's unlucky to not have scored as much so far.

He's ace. He can play at this level for another three seasons yet imo. He won't deteriorate like Phil Neville or Leon Osman.

He's a gem of a player. Will never forget his performance playing centre mid for South Africa against Brazil in the 2009 Confederations Cup where he absolutely bossed the game

I'm genuinely surprised no team has tried to buy out left hand side. Could imagine Spurs or Newcastle just trying to poach them both and plonk them on their left side. Not that they'd go like.

when he was on loan he had something to prove and played out of his skin, hasnt been the same since he signed his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.