Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question of timing, when it happened Allardyce was right to keep quiet, don't recall Klopp mouthing off agin Holgate then. Right now it is with the FA and I am sure the relevant folk in Everton will make the right noises to the FA. What would you want Allardyce to say?

To me there are two stages to this. What did Firmino say to Holgate for him to get pushed into the barrier, do you know? The second stage was after when Firmino confronted Holgate with the ref in the middle. It is very unclear from the vid what was said to Holgate but from lip reading later on the vid Holgate saying clearly the "N" word was used. This will come out in testimony to the FA, and we will see. If the hearing is unbalanced then I am sure the club will appeal.
Klopp spoke out right away post match by saying it was a matter of his player being pushed int the crowd.

Allardyce: "ask Walshy". The divvy.

Klopp spoke out right away post match by saying it was a matter of his player being pushed int the crowd.

Allardyce: "ask Walshy". The divvy.

He said other things, that he did not know what happened but what else could he see like thousands of others that basically in the first instance Holgate shoved Firmino into the barrier. Klopp never revealed that he heard anything and did say it will be left to the club to D/W.

From the BBC comments after today's game.

5. Posted byfootyfan94

I don't understand why Holgate hasn't been punished even if Firmino was guilty of Racism his challenge was still dangerous and should have received the 3 match ban. For example if someone commits a sexual/physical act of violence against one of my loved ones + I end up crippling him so badly he ends up a wheelchair this act does not give him the right to leniency as it occurred after his crime

The whole situation was dealt with by making Holgate sound like some basket case who needed guidance.

Un-'kin-believable.

Firmino has got off scot-free here.

Then some wonder why I and others felt that Allardyce and the club should have got behind Holgate more on this, they surely knew he'd be circled by Kopite lackeys in the media?

Surely though if Firmino used the N word then it would of been up to Holgate's team mates to back him up on the pitch. They didn't they dragged him away and didn't join in with his protests at the time, even though he clearly tells them about what he thinks Firmino said.

So has anyone read this new Holgate article, check out the comments if you fancy losing faith in humanity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5266519/Black-players-trial-just-speaking-out.html

What’s worse than kopites ? Daily mail reading kopites.

The “worst rated” comment

This needs to be stamped out, this is not new. To this day a certain type of supporter has it in for Patrice Evra, even though the perpetrator admitted what he said.

I think Holgate needs to come out and tell how it is and what happened. This is effing ridiculous. He' s being ripped apart by kopites and kopites infested media. If and when he was racially abused he should speak out.
If he stays silent it starts to look like he actually may have heard it wrong or just spoke sh** into the first place

I think Holgate needs to come out and tell how it is and what happened. This is effing ridiculous. He' s being ripped apart by kopites and kopites infested media. If and when he was racially abused he should speak out.
If he stays silent it starts to look like he actually may have heard it wrong or just spoke sh** into the first place
He cant, he can tell the FA but not public its not how its done, if he did that he would be in a world of trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.