Holgate Racially Abused By Firmino - The Guardian

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying we should bury the lad for a tweet, but as adults we shouldn't be reinforcing the notion that that sort of nastiness is ever okay.

No one is saying it's OK. But advocating a punishment is hypocritical and not worthy of debate.

I don't want to live in a society where people are demonised in later life for very minor mistakes they made as kids. I heard and was guilty of plenty myself when I was 14, but it's called growing up and thankfully 99% of people do grow up.

Every time I open this thread I expect to read that Holgate has been banned for his tweet from when he was a child, and that it cannot be proven that Firmino used a racist term and thus will face no punishment. Then of course the witch hunt will really begin against Holgate, the racist accuser, etc.

That's interesting. Well, he's only got himsrlf to blame, ultimately. I don't like the idea that this has been dug up to deflect from Firmino, but there's no room for partisanship when it comes to racism or homophobia. Defending the indefensible is Kopite behaviour. Blue shirt, or not, he has to be made accountable

Wow.

You are Judge Roy Bean and I claim my ten pounds.

Every time I open this thread I expect to read that Holgate has been banned for his tweet from when he was a child, and that it cannot be proven that Firmino used a racist term and thus will face no punishment. Then of course the witch hunt will really begin against Holgate, the racist accuser, etc.

Seems like this is inevitable sometimes i genuinely don't know what world I'm living in.

1 month ago a push was not a foul, now its a 3 month stint in bedlam, Liverpool fans have to wait until they have been told what their opinion is.
not one of them think firminho said anything untoward.

Haha, Holgate tried to destroy Firminho's family also....

What a weird bunch they are....and this bloke is black too, unreal

Screenshot_20180110-172507.png

Status
Not open for further replies.