2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

If he put todays performance in as a 21 year old player, we'd all say Davies looked the better prospect but would be hoping we could merge them into 1 player.

Hes not 21 though, hes 30 and on a massive salary.

@Eggs I felt a couple if times when he won the ball back he was very lucky that their players seemed to turn back into him. The rest of the time he put the effort in but seemed off the pace to me.

Did ok...like a 5 or 6 out of 10.

Davies for me was positionally sound which bearing in mind he was in a 6 position where hes done well for England u21s is encouraging.

I thought Sigurdsson actually played really well today. Broke a fair bit of play up, was quite aggressive off the ball, and passed the ball forward when asked. If he was a 21 year old, I would have said he was surprisingly mature for a player his age.

I don't think he has any medium term future with the club. Gbamin is now close to full fitness and you'd imagine Gomes may be back much sooner than predicted. Throw in Davies's improvement and potentially Holgate moving to midfield and I suspect he will be phased out.

Our big issue with him is we overpaid for him. Had we paid 25 million, it would be reasonable enough for him to stay as a squad player. The fee is a big problem though, as people expect miracles from him, which he won't really deliver.

He’s not playing really well but he’s doing a job out of position when we need him to cover for injuries. In that time we’ve won quite a few games, so it’s not harming us all that much relative to alternatives. How about we just get behind him for a bit?

He’s not playing really well but he’s doing a job out of position when we need him to cover for injuries. In that time we’ve won quite a few games, so it’s not harming us all that much relative to alternatives. How about we just get behind him for a bit?
Hes pure cack despite scoring a worldie once every blue moon and actually demotivates me to watch us at times (weird I know but hopefully someone will understand), hes our morata or di maria in that we signed him for way over the odds expecting more than he was actually worth only to realise hes vastly overrated

he played slightly better today but he is still not for me. if an adequate offer came in I'd be happy to see him go id get behind him then to kick him up the rear straight out the club. Schneiderlin also sadly don't think you could give him away.

Out of position? What’s that? Dropping from 10 to 8. The lad is garbage beyond comprehension. A coward, can’t pass, tackle, run, track runners, his dead balls are amyth. Truly the most shocking waste of £50m in recent history.

I thought Sigurdsson actually played really well today. Broke a fair bit of play up, was quite aggressive off the ball, and passed the ball forward when asked. If he was a 21 year old, I would have said he was surprisingly mature for a player his age.

I don't think he has any medium term future with the club. Gbamin is now close to full fitness and you'd imagine Gomes may be back much sooner than predicted. Throw in Davies's improvement and potentially Holgate moving to midfield and I suspect he will be phased out.

Our big issue with him is we overpaid for him. Had we paid 25 million, it would be reasonable enough for him to stay as a squad player. The fee is a big problem though, as people expect miracles from him, which he won't really deliver.

Bro I love your well thought out posts but Sigurdsson is a serious hinderance to how we play.

He needs to keep playing well enough to stay in the team and earn another contract. Elsewhere.
Along with a load more. Today against Brighton was just another moment where I get confused and start to think there may be hope for some of the players. After last week I've ran out of patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.