2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Needs to shoot though.
For heavens sake yes. Was waiting for him to just bury one later in the game. His late runs from deep into the box are fantastic, though. I like the idea of him playing deeper, I think he does well there. Without the ball, his work rate in our 4-4-2 is critical. He was solid today.

He’s at his best when Gana and Gomes dominate the game. Played a very dangerous ball to Zouma and made a very sly through ball to Dom. Needs to take the shot on at times like others said above.

Yep, he's a talented player but he goes missing (hiding) too often which leads to a limp attack. He can score and pick a pass but we accommodate him too much. Great goal return but three assists for our focal point is disappointing. Esp. considering he takes so many free kicks.

Yeah he's our best option now but I'd rather have a three in midfield in the future.

Totally amazed you believe Gylfi goes missing. Of every player in the side this season he’s been the most energetic, the most creative and the most committed. The big issue I think with Gylfi and some Everton fans is his price....and that had nothing to do with him. There’s an unfair expectation that because Walsh spunked £45M then he should be a world beater....unfortunately players prices have become absurd.
I think he’s a great fit for Marco’s team.

Totally amazed you believe Gylfi goes missing. Of every player in the side this season he’s been the most energetic, the most creative and the most committed. The big issue I think with Gylfi and some Everton fans is his price....and that had nothing to do with him. There’s an unfair expectation that because Walsh spunked £45M then he should be a world beater....unfortunately players prices have become absurd.
I think he’s a great fit for Marco’s team.
He runs too much? The criticisms of this guy are so illogical to me. Completely illogical.

Sigurdsson is a conundrum to me. Clearly brings a lot to the table goals and assists wise, however when he is off his game brings nothing and that is the problem. I hope he starts dominating more games but I am doubtful so for me its definitely sell in the summer. His replacement won't necessarily produce the goal ratio but may drive the team forward in different ways bu linking play better. If he stays he plays and Silva just needs to be more proactive when he has poor games.

Worked so hard again today, his pass to Bernard shortly before we scored was perfect, shame a few times in the second half had found so much space but didn't get a pass, and the one he did went straight to the keeper.
Very good game again.

He's had a great season. Needed to get involved a bit more in the first half but the work he gets through in that front four is invaluable.

I also hate how he gets called a 'luxury' player. Soz, but that's grossly mislabeling him in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.