2018/19 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always the way for clubs like us. Never have the funds/form to get the full package.

Well the evidence over the last few weeks might suggest otherwise. Clean sheets all over the shop, even with Jags having to step in late.

Right side of Coleman and Ricky looks sound. Same on the left. Gomes and Gaye look to compliment each other, with Siggy working his arse off.

Look a solid unit to me. Bit of stardust in the summer, and who knows.

Well the evidence over the last few weeks might suggest otherwise. Clean sheets all over the shop, even with Jags having to step in late.

Right side of Coleman and Ricky looks sound. Same on the left. Gomes and Gaye look to compliment each other, with Siggy working his arse off.

I still would like to see us upgrade on Coleman in the summer tbh. Would just be our luck that age catches up with him over the summer.

Add in Gana will also likely be off - he for me is irreplaceable.

:), not saying he is irreplaceable but I think he leads by example and is often the catalyst for our pressing of opponents. Any replacement would also need to have that and more
I have never questioned his work rate but I think a player with abit more pace and creativity along with that work rate would be great to slot in there. I know sig has 13 goals for us but sometimes I don’t think he can see or execute a through pass quickly enough to create for others

The main pro for me is clean sheets with different defences, as opposed to just a settled back four, think we've had Kenny, Keane, mina, Zouma, jagielka and digne in those games.

I always had concerns that no matter who would play there they wouldn't get enough protection from midfield to make a difference. Weird how settling on the two wingers has been the catalyst for providing the stability.

I have never questioned his work rate but I think a player with abit more pace and creativity along with that work rate would be great to slot in there. I know sig has 13 goals for us but sometimes I don’t think he can see or execute a through pass quickly enough to create for others
He's maybe the best one touch passer in the entire league. Its literally his best trait.

He was crap today in finishing. Probably an anomaly. We need more midfield help even if Gomes comes and Gana stays. But even if Siggy has an off day, he works so damn hard.

He's maybe the best one touch passer in the entire league. Its literally his best trait.

He was crap today in finishing. Probably an anomaly. We need more midfield help even if Gomes comes and Gana stays. But even if Siggy has an off day, he works so damn hard.
Ur first sentence makes me want to cry. Football really isn’t for you if you think he is anywhere close to the best one touch passer in the league.

I don’t have the energy to compile the list but I will leave it at David silva

:), not saying he is irreplaceable but I think he leads by example and is often the catalyst for our pressing of opponents. Any replacement would also need to have that and more

Spot on. When Siggy presses, Everton press. He is the fulcrum of our team whilst Gana Gueye is the engine. He has an ability to know when to and when not to press the opposition. I reckon he probably did more miles in the 80-odd minutes today than most of the people in the Manchester Marathon. Love to see the stats in terms of ground covered in today’s game as everyone put in a mammoth shift

He’s been our most creative player for Christ sake. Look at the number of goal scoring opportunities he’s created for team mates, as well as the 13 goals he’s scored himself. Walcott alone has had a hatful of chances put on a plate by Gylfi and messed them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.