Graeme Sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be so, unbelievably easy for Sharp to win back favour with the bulk of the fans that he's in the doghouse with or at least get a pass from them. All he has to do is walk away from the board. Even those of us who are currently fuming with him and feel like he's tainted his legacy will forget about his pathetic behaviour and disgraceful comments in time and move on. The truth is that he isn't even important enough to hate on in the grand scheme of things.

However the longer he continues to associate and support the people killing the club, the more and more complicit in their actions he becomes. Each day that goes by the situation worsens, and his complicity becomes more apparent, more shameful, and more unforgivable.

My message was tongue in cheek

Need to lighten up mate
Sorry mate, I kinda just picked yours out among all the other awful posts in here ripping Sharp.

Do I think he should be on the Board, no. I agree with that.....but the posts that question anything else relating to him, his past, his love of the club, his personality etc....bang out of order.

All those vilifying him need to have a word with themselves. They are probably made up of supporters not even born or to young that they never actually saw him play. I'm glad if that's the case, I'm glad those 'supporters' have never seen success, or more importantly, had the priviladge to see Sharpy play.

I was at his debut game, and then witnessed his meteoric rise to the magnificent player he became. No matter what is going on at the moment, I wont say a bad word about him. I saw one post saying Fergusson is the more 'true blue', more of an icon at the club.....let me tell you, Duncan Fergusson is/was not fit to lace Graeme Sharp's boots.

I do not mind constructive criticism about his role now, but if you are too young and never actually saw him play, you don't even have the right to comment on his past playing days, his ability, his commitment and love for Everton, his importance to the club etc.

Sorry mate, I kinda just picked yours out among all the other awful posts in here ripping Sharp.

Do I think he should be on the Board, no. I agree with that.....but the posts that question anything else relating to him, his past, his love of the club, his personality etc....bang out of order.

All those vilifying him need to have a word with themselves. They are probably made up of supporters not even born or to young that they never actually saw him play. I'm glad if that's the case, I'm glad those 'supporters' have never seen success, or more importantly, had the priviladge to see Sharpy play.

I was at his debut game, and then witnessed his meteoric rise to the magnificent player he became. No matter what is going on at the moment, I wont say a bad word about him. I saw one post saying Fergusson is the more 'true blue', more of an icon at the club.....let me tell you, Duncan Fergusson is/was not fit to lace Graeme Sharp's boots.

I do not mind constructive criticism about his role now, but if you are too young and never actually saw him play, you don't even have the right to comment on his past playing days, his ability, his commitment and love for Everton, his importance to the club etc.
Well said matey.
Do I like what he said? No
Do I agree what he said? No
Do I think he should be on the B of D? No
None of this will stop me being grateful for him being part of that great side. I too was at his debut and watched him become the player he was.

It would be so, unbelievably easy for Sharp to win back favour with the bulk of the fans that he's in the doghouse with or at least get a pass from them.
He gets a pass because of what he did on the pitch, if those fans cant see Moshiri is the problem, the same person who tried to blame the fans last week, there is no pleasing them
All he has to do is walk away from the board.
I do agree with this but even if he does, it wont help us
Even those of us who are currently fuming with him and feel like he's tainted his legacy will forget about his pathetic behaviour and disgraceful comments in time and move on. The truth is that he isn't even important enough to hate on in the grand scheme of things.
We can move on the day Farhad sells and draw a line under all of this
However the longer he continues to associate and support the people killing the club, the more and more complicit in their actions he becomes. Each day that goes by the situation worsens, and his complicity becomes more apparent, more shameful, and more unforgivable.
Thats all well and good but he cant force Moshiri to sel the club, id rather have Sharp on the board them one of th owners stooges

Well said matey.
Do I like what he said? No
Do I agree what he said? No
Do I think he should be on the B of D? No
None of this will stop me being grateful for him being part of that great side. I too was at his debut and watched him become the player he was.
ice.

Obviously, his goal against Liverpool is the more well known.....but his goal against Spurs in '83 is better and the one i prefer. He was a brilliant player.

Sharp is the last one you'd get rid of. He should be choosing the replacement not Thelwell. Not many football men left at the club.

If people think Sharp is a 'football man' you're grossly mistaken. He's more interested in golf. Which his non executive director salary allows him to do.

Professionals are needed at the club. People that know how to run Premier League and Champions League level football clubs.

He gets a pass because of what he did on the pitch, if those fans cant see Moshiri is the problem, the same person who tried to blame the fans last week, there is no pleasing them

I do agree with this but even if he does, it wont help us

We can move on the day Farhad sells and draw a line under all of this

Thats all well and good but he cant force Moshiri to sel the club, id rather have Sharp on the board them one of th owners stooges
Sharp chose to side with Moshiri and Kenwright against the fans. He has needlessly tainted his relationship with a big chuck of the fanbase. There's no point in denying it. He's already got as much of a pass for his playing days as he's entitled to.

It's not a question of him helping anything. It's about him showing where his loyalty lies. Does it lie with Moshiri and his creatures on the board, or does it lie with the club? Because his answer does help a great deal. It helps determine if he cares about the club or not.

Agree re Moshiri selling up. But the entire board has to go too because we'll never move on with the stupid squad still on the scene. They're part of this and have to take their share of the blame. Sharp included.

Sharp is one of the owners' stooges. Like it or not. He's proven himself to be nothing more than a nodding dog that sides with the people attempting to smeer and silence our fanbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.