Status
Not open for further replies.
It just seems strange to me.

Out of the whole team -
Yobo - Hamstring
Saha - Hamstring, thigh, achillies
Cahill - Thigh
Hibbo - Hamstring (?)

Are the only players getting knocks etc and bounce back. Everyone else gets an injury...its months not weeks.

Jags
Arteta
Fellaini
Gosling
Yakubu
Neville

And most of them never get injured.

Fatiuqe may be an issue Moyesy isnt one to rotate to often surely the more often you play the probability of injury is higher and more likely.

It just seems strange to me.

Out of the whole team -
Yobo - Hamstring
Saha - Hamstring, thigh, achillies
Cahill - Thigh
Hibbo - Hamstring (?)

Are the only players getting knocks etc and bounce back. Everyone else gets an injury...its months not weeks.

Jags
Arteta
Fellaini
Gosling
Yakubu
Neville

And most of them never get injured.

I hear your point, but you can't include Neville, Gosling, Anichebe and Fellaini in these stats as they were all injured by sh*thouse challenges.

Fatiuqe may be an issue Moyesy isnt one to rotate to often surely the more often you play the probability of injury is higher and more likely.

That's a very good point there. Our players put in more effort than anybody in the league and you can see that when the wingers go back to defend,even the strikers all go back to defend the corner. I think they cover the highest amount of distance than any other team. I felt for Pienaar this season as he was filling in the boots for Arteta,tracking back,making the play,taking corners. If that doesn't mean more fatigue then what does it mean? You are asking for injuries automatically.

Having said that we have the most [Poor language removed] luck in the entire footballing universe.

Arsene do you see what happened? Did we moan?

Im a little worried, I mean Nevilles could be explained, so could Anchiebes, Goslings also, even MAYBE Yaks. But Arteta and then Jags, it just sent alarm bells.

Maybe it was just unlucky, we shall see. You would hope if there where any worries at all there would have been changes.

The coaching licence holders and the sports scientists the club employ have no doubt looked at the injuries.

Arteta, Jagielka, Neville, Pienaar and Gosling.

60% of that list were impact injuries to the knee (the last three). 40% were twists.

Yakubu. Impact injury.
Anichebe. Impact injury. (twice including his latest one).

Saha was recently rested as he had achilles tendinitis - which carries a risk of rupture. (three of Aston Villa's players have similar problems at the moment - including Milner).

Cahill thigh strain from impact. Rested.

Rodwell, hamstring. Rested.

You can't say it's fatigue because they get regularly assessed and do get rested when signs show themselves!!

They also reduce hight impact training on joints by swimming or lower impact training. I mean do people think our coaching staff are inept or what????

Its easy to see an injury and point at the training methods when you don't know the training methods. Its just convenient.

How anyone can turn round after Gosling's collision and say "is it the training?" is completely beyond me. :blink: I mean really!?

Its like some people see these injuries and think - oh gotta be something wrong at Finch Farm. Convenient.

This is football. Particularly when we're the most fouled team in the league and the refs arn't protecting our players enough.

Neville's injury and Pienaar were a disgrace, and didn't see Gosling as my view at Wolves was literally looking at Gosling's back going in but people have already said it was a impact.

But Neville's injury and Pienaar's headbutt to the knee were both card offences for dangerous play. Neither got punished.

Last edited:
The coaching licence holders and the sports scientists the club employ have no doubt looked at the injuries.

Arteta, Jagielka, Neville, Pienaar and Gosling.

60% of that list were impact injuries to the knee (the last three). 40% were twists.

Yakubu. Impact injury.
Anichebe. Impact injury. (twice including his latest one).

Saha was recently rested as he had achilles tendinitis - which carries a risk of rupture. (three of Aston Villa's players have similar problems at the moment - including Milner).

Cahill thigh strain from impact. Rested.

Rodwell, hamstring. Rested.

You can't say it's fatigue because they get regularly assessed and do get rested when signs show themselves!!

They also reduce hight impact training on joints by swimming or lower impact training. I mean do people think our coaching staff are inept or what????

Its easy to see an injury and point at the training methods when you don't know the training methods. Its just convenient.

How anyone can turn round after Gosling's collision and say "is it the training?" is completely beyond me. :blink: I mean really!?

Its like some people see these injuries and think - oh gotta be something wrong at Finch Farm. Convenient.

This is football. Particularly when we're the most fouled team in the league and the refs arn't protecting our players enough.

Neville's injury and Pienaar were a disgrace, and didn't see Gosling as my view at Wolves was literally looking at Gosling's back going in but people have already said it was a impact.

But Neville's injury and Pienaar's headbutt to the knee were both card offences for dangerous play. Neither got punished.

If there's a change in the way players train it can cause players to get injuries cos their body are conditioned a certain way.

Players movement, how the run, ride challenges etc plays a big factor on injuries. Cahill trained and changed how he jumped and ran so his metatarsil wouldn't break again so easily. There are training methods that improve how players cope and minimise impact injuries, if they change it could affect players.

Arsenal have been fouled to almost the same amount but they don't have as many players out for 7months or so with similar injuries. Each player is different but 5 of them have had similar bad knee injuries which is the only side in the prem to have.

Im probably completly wrong but fatigue can't be a reason for nevilles, goslings and pienaars as they were early in the season and gosling doesn't play as much.

I just think it's a bit iffy as we don't tend to have niggling injuries we get months long ones.

Gutted for Dan but criticism of Hahnemann is unfair. Once Dan's first touch had put the ball into the air it is the keepers to win, if he doesn't Gosling scores on the half volley. He comes in strongly as you'd expect, collects the ball in his midrift and turns his body to shield it all in one motion. Gosling is just unlucky that his foot gets trapped underneath the keepers knee while he is extending.

Brave keeping but not dangerous.

Gutted for Dan but criticism of Hahnemann is unfair. Once Dan's first touch had put the ball into the air it is the keepers to win, if he doesn't Gosling scores on the half volley. He comes in strongly as you'd expect, collects the ball in his midrift and turns his body to shield it all in one motion. Gosling is just unlucky that his foot gets trapped underneath the keepers knee while he is extending.

Brave keeping but not dangerous.
This.

I'm astounded that Moyes kept him on the pitch when he clearly could barely stand and he was asking to come off. Running around for 10 minutes on it won't have done him any favours.

Earlier in the day there was an article in one of the papers where Redknapp was talking about how Bale used to go down at the slightest knock. Happy 'Arry instructed the physio not to mollycoddle the player and to leave him on the ground and to wait for him to get up himself. The 'tough love' approach turned Bale into a more robust player and one of the stars of the season. It crossed my mind whether Moyes tried using the same tactic with Gosling there. If he did, it's spectactularly backfired.

You can't imagine that he'd treat one of the senior players the same way. Surely Gosling must be aggrieved with the management for not allowing him to come off (as we'd used all our substitutes). I know I would be!

I'm astounded that Moyes kept him on the pitch when he clearly could barely stand and he was asking to come off. Running around for 10 minutes on it won't have done him any favours.

Earlier in the day there was an article in one of the papers where Redknapp was talking about how Bale used to go down at the slightest knock. Happy 'Arry instructed the physio not to mollycoddle the player and to leave him on the ground and to wait for him to get up himself. The 'tough love' approach turned Bale into a more robust player and one of the stars of the season. It crossed my mind whether Moyes tried using the same tactic with Gosling there. If he did, it's spectactularly backfired.

You can't imagine that he'd treat one of the senior players the same way. Surely Gosling must be aggrieved with the management for not allowing him to come off (as we'd used all our substitutes). I know I would be!

But equally, it's reasonable to assume if Gosling feels he can't continue he can just lie down and not get up, that's his choice to make. He could have taken it out of everyone else's hands.

But equally, it's reasonable to assume if Gosling feels he can't continue he can just lie down and not get up, that's his choice to make. He could have taken it out of everyone else's hands.

We were chasing a goal at the end of the game. Gosling probably felt that to lie down would have wasted valuable time. He came over to the bench and was shooed away and told to be an extra body. He actually tried a shot as the ball came out from a corner and was seen to be grimacing with pain.

It shouldn't of bene up to Gosling.

With a player in such blatant pain the bench must of realised there was something wrong so he should of been taken off rather than made to hobble on.

An extra body is no good when he can hardly walk. And ain't gonna be much use for the next 9 months.

I feel for the lad. Like you guys we like to see our own local lads come through the academy & play for the 1st team. I think our clubs bring more players through than any other.

I like Gosling & Rodwell, so hope he gets playing sooner rather than later & that he recovers 100% from the injury.

I did not realise that but you still regard him as one of your own. Carrick is a Geordie but as he came through our academy he was one of our players.

We were chasing a goal at the end of the game. Gosling probably felt that to lie down would have wasted valuable time. He came over to the bench and was shooed away and told to be an extra body. He actually tried a shot as the ball came out from a corner and was seen to be grimacing with pain.

It's a pity for him. Hopefully he'll learn a lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.