Gosling's Ligaments gone- 9 Months out

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be said, fair play to the lad, he tried to stay on the pitch and help the team, even tho he must have been in severe pain.

Take a bow Dan. Mucho respecto.

It must be said, fair play to the lad, he tried to stay on the pitch and help the team, even tho he must have been in severe pain.

Take a bow Dan. Mucho respecto.

I don't think he'd trust Baz again though;

"It's alright lad, get back out there and jog it off"

efc__1269713075_gos-inj.jpg

Sorry, but training needs sorting back at Finch Farm.....

What?

How'd you figure that when he did it in a collision with the goal keeper?

And ACL tears are a pretty common injury.

A torn ACL usually occurs through a twisting force being applied to the knee whilst the foot is firmly planted on the ground or upon landing. A torn ACL can also result from a direct blow to the knee, usually the outside, as may occur during a football or rugby tackle. This injury is sometimes seen in combination with a medial meniscus tear and MCL injury, which is termed O’Donohue’s triad.

Nonsense comment. Nothing to do with training at Finch Farm.

Finally got round to watching the highlights on EvertonTV. You could tell from the impact it was very serious, and I just can't believe he played on after that.

Hoofing the ball back in to the box at the death must have been agony.

The keeper must be looked at there, it was near on assault the way he claimed the ball.

Terrible news, just as we've got the long term injuries back this happens :( no injury ever heals fast at Everton, seemingly. Get well soon Dan

What?

How'd you figure that when he did it in a collision with the goal keeper?

And ACL tears are a pretty common injury.

A torn ACL usually occurs through a twisting force being applied to the knee whilst the foot is firmly planted on the ground or upon landing. A torn ACL can also result from a direct blow to the knee, usually the outside, as may occur during a football or rugby tackle. This injury is sometimes seen in combination with a medial meniscus tear and MCL injury, which is termed O’Donohue’s triad.

Nonsense comment. Nothing to do with training at Finch Farm.

Its a point that's been brought up before.

5 players all had similar injury's or knee injuries from the back end of last season - Arteta, Jagielka, Neville, Gosling, Pienaar.

Unless its just unlucky, name another club with as many similar injuries throughout a season?

To me it sounds like certain styles of training arent conditioning players knees. Or at least the players arent being trained to roll challenges or techniques to protect themselves...how to land, runs, movement etc.

I remember a similar thing happening to Leeds United when they were in the Champs League, changed their training techniques and knees were exploding all over the shop.

But of pre-hab/post-hab must sort the players out then;)

Where are the tweaks and knocks-style injuries? When a injury happens at Everton they're guaranteed to be over 2month+ or end of season killers.

To me, I think they've changed training styles and its affected how players react to impact injuries.

Last edited:
You cant help impact injuries it looked a bad pitch thier as well.

Im not worried about traing or prehab etc.

Im just thinking did we actually make the injury worse by leaving him on for the five or so minutes at the end, he was clearly in distress and remember that big swing he took at the ball at the end when he crumpled up in pain. If so thats a bad bad state of affairs.

Get well soon Dan - i think your going to be a very good player!

*Apparently some fella called Rooney got injured as well.

Im a little worried, I mean Nevilles could be explained, so could Anchiebes, Goslings also, even MAYBE Yaks. But Arteta and then Jags, it just sent alarm bells.

Maybe it was just unlucky, we shall see. You would hope if there where any worries at all there would have been changes.

You cant help impact injuries it looked a bad pitch thier as well.

Im not worried about traing or prehab etc.

Im just thinking did we actually make the injury worse by leaving him on for the five or so minutes at the end, he was clearly in distress and remember that big swing he took at the ball at the end when he crumpled up in pain. If so thats a bad bad state of affairs.

Get well soon Dan - i think your going to be a very good player!

*Apparently some fella called Rooney got injured as well.

I just think when you compare injuries to other clubs, ours seems strange in terms of how similar they all are.

But I guess its all "unlucky".

Im a little worried, I mean Nevilles could be explained, so could Anchiebes, Goslings also, even MAYBE Yaks. But Arteta and then Jags, it just sent alarm bells.

Maybe it was just unlucky, we shall see. You would hope if there where any worries at all there would have been changes.

unfortunately these things happen

Looking at it on the box, the goalie was clearly not going to take prisoners. Thought myself he was a bit OTT.

No Gosling now until Xmas, yep that long.(n)

It just seems strange to me.

Out of the whole team -
Yobo - Hamstring
Saha - Hamstring, thigh, achillies
Cahill - Thigh
Hibbo - Hamstring (?)

Are the only players getting knocks etc and bounce back. Everyone else gets an injury...its months not weeks.

Jags
Arteta
Fellaini
Gosling
Yakubu
Neville

And most of them never get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.