Moise Kean (UA)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse

Total players: 29
10 HG/16 Non-HG/3 UnderAge
Max 17 Non-HG

Players culled so far: 17(2)
A.Williams(OOC), Jagielka(OOC), JJK(Loan), Vlasic(Sale), Sandro(Loan), Galloway(Free), Virginia(Loan), Dowell(Loan), Garbutt(Loan), Tarashaji(Loan), Robinson(Sale), Lookman(Sale), Gana(Sale), J.Williams(Sale), McCarthy(Sale), Pennington(Loan), Besic(Loan)

Connolly, Baningime (Removed)

Players purchased so far: 7
Lossl, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Sidibe(Loan), Iwobi

We can’t afford to let Tosun or Schneiderlin go now until at least January.

Niasse, Bolasie, Mirallas, Onyekuru and Martina hanging around like a bad fart in a lift. If we can offload them before the end of the European window then happy days.

I think Holgate can be ok with one of Keane or Mina if needs be. Also Gbamin may have to step up. It's not ideal at all. But then I was doubtful we would get everything we needed this window.

Manager: Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford (HG)
Jonas Lössl
Maarten Stekelenburg

RB
Séamus Coleman
Djibril Sidibé
Cuco Martina

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines (HG)

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane (HG)
Mason Holgate (HG)

DM/CM/AM
Gylfi Sigurðsson (HG)
André Gomes
Fabian Delph (HG)
Jean-Philippe Gbamin
Tom Davies (UA)
Morgan Schneiderlin (HG)
Muhamed Bešić

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott (HG)
Henry Onyekuru
Yannick Bolasie
Kevin Mirallas

ST
Moise Kean (UA)
Dominic Calvert-Lewin (HG)
Cenk Tosun
Oumar Niasse

Total players: 28
9 HG/17 Non-HG/2 UnderAge
Max 17 Non-HG

Players culled so far: 15(3)
A.Williams(OOC), Jagielka(OOC), JJK(Loan), Vlasic(Sale), Sandro(Loan), Galloway(Free), Virginia(Loan), Dowell(Loan), Garbutt(Loan), Tarashaji(Loan), Robinson(Sale), Lookman(Sale), Gana(Sale), J.Williams(Sale), McCarthy(Sale),

Connolly, Baningime, Pennington (Removed)

Players purchased so far: 6
Lossl, Gomes, Delph, Gbamin, Kean, Sidibe(Loan)

Good luck to Jamo.

That’ll be about 4 lighter come the end of the European window

Squad is a complete mess some good players in it but also some dross and not very well balanced. However it is what it is and time to look forward to the new season.

Squad is a complete mess some good players in it but also some dross and not very well balanced. However it is what it is and time to look forward to the new season.

...no, the squad was a complete mess when Brands came in. Too big, unbalanced and inadequate. It’ll take some sorting and the transition won’t be instant.

Two unused wingers have now gone (Lookman and Onyekuru), for the cost of one that will be used. Bolasie and Mirallas are Walsh residue that has to be cleared.

Last edited:

Complete and utter overreaction.

The squad this time 2 years ago? now that was a 'mess'.

...no, the squad was a complete mess when Brands came in. Too big, unbalanced and inadequate. It’ll take some sorting and the trabsition won’t be instant.

Two unused wingers have now gone (Lookman and Onyekuru), for the cost of one that will be used.

I agree it was a mess when he came in but the minimum they needed was a quality CB and once it became obvious Zouma wasn't available we should have switched our attention earlier. Now we are left with just 2 CBs with cover of a young player whose best position might be RB a CM and another untried youngster.

As for wingers we have the same problem as last season they are all right footed so no variation. CM has improved and FB is better.

I agree it was a mess when he came in but the minimum they needed was a quality CB and once it became obvious Zouma wasn't available we should have switched our attention earlier. Now we are left with just 2 CBs with cover of a young player whose best position might be RB a CM and another untried youngster.

As for wingers we have the same problem as last season they are all right footed so no variation. CM has improved and FB is better.

...none of us know the CB situation, but here’s my take;

Zouma was the target and Tomori the contingency. Chelsea were not planning to keep both, but decided on Zouma. Everton were led to believe they could have Tomori (reports suggested Tomori had been given the green light to leave on loan). The Tomori deal crashed yesterday when the other CB went on strike to join Arsenal.

Everton were left in the lurch. You can criticise them for assuming Tomori was ours. Strategic targets were not available, so we asked for Smalling on loan and that was turned down. We asked for Rojo on loan but were told he was only available on a permanent.

Rojo on a 3 year deal wasn’t what the club wanted. He’d be an expensive millstone for 2 years when we bring in a player we want. I’m actually glad we took that stance. Ok, we might be in a pickle but January isn’t too far off to do something about it.

Zouma was the target and Tomori the contingency. Chelsea were not planning to keep both, but decided on Zouma. Everton were led to believe they could have Tomori (reports suggested Tomori had been given the green light to leave on loan). The Tomori deal crashed yesterday when the other CB went on strike to join Arsenal.

Everton were left in the lurch. You can criticise them for assuming Tomori was ours. Strategic targets were not available, so we asked for Smalling on loan and that was turned down. We asked for Rojo on loan but were told he was only available on a permanent.

Rojo on a 3 year deal wasn’t what the club wanted. He’d be an expensive millstone for 2 years when we bring in a player we want. I’m actually glad we took that stance. Ok, we might be in a pickle but January isn’t too far off to do something about it.
Dont come on here bring all sensible and realistic!!!!

Finally,the voice of wisdom amongst this melt down on GOT

That makes almost perfect sense. Absolutely no place for it on the forum sunshine.

Status
Not open for further replies.