Goats squad analysis thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lookman will likely be off, 2 years left on his deal, not likely to sign another so time to get rid if we can get a decent fee.

I’d prob have another look at Joe Williams and Baningime before binning them.

This is what I would do, personally :

GK
Jordan Pickford
João Virginia (Loan)
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
BUY

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
BUY

DM/CM/AM
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
André Gomes
Tom Davies
BUY

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
BUY

ST
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
BUY

And buy another Striker who can play on the wing.

Anybody not named should be fired from the nearest cannon for crimes against Toshness.

Williams and Baningime don't need to be gotten rid off. We're saving money in midfield to spend elsewhere by keeping them, ditto if we use Holgate as cover for Coleman

Three who should definitely survive the cull IMO. We can spend more on Striker, CB and Wing then, which are much more important positions to fill currently

This is what I would do, personally :

GK
Jordan Pickford
João Virginia (Loan)
Jonas Lössl

RB
Séamus Coleman
BUY

LB
Lucas Digne
Leighton Baines

CB
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate
BUY

DM/CM/AM
Idrissa Gueye
Gylfi Sigurðsson
André Gomes
Tom Davies
BUY

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
BUY

ST
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
BUY

And buy another Striker who can play on the wing.

Anybody not named should be fired from the nearest cannon for crimes against Toshness.

Pretty much my thoughts

Williams and Baningime don't need to be gotten rid off. We're saving money in midfield to spend elsewhere by keeping them, ditto if we use Holgate as cover for Coleman

Three who should definitely survive the cull IMO

Baningme couldnt get games for Wigan Mikey.

Talk of him thinking hes billy big balls based off a good 5 minutes versus Chelsea, i know you like the yoots and I wish I had more faith in them, but they always let you down Mikey, kids cant be trusted.

Joe Williams looks a decent sort, but im not sure if hes got that little extra needed at the highest level.

Of course I am willing to cull these lads without a good look, but if anything im leaving space for the next group to hopefully push through and I hope 1 day we get a group of players that can restore some faith in yoot.

Baningme couldnt get games for Wigan Mikey.

Talk of him thinking hes billy big balls based off a good 5 minutes versus Chelsea, i know you like the yoots and I wish I had more faith in them, but they always let you down Mikey, kids cant be trusted.

Joe Williams looks a decent sort, but im not sure if hes got that little extra needed at the highest level.

Of course I am willing to cull these lads without a good look, but if anything im leaving space for the next group to hopefully push through and I hope 1 day we get a group of players that can restore some faith in yoot.

Baningame hasn't put a foot wrong whenever he's played and Williams has apparently impressed Silva, so it'd be nuts to get rid of them when one definitely has something to offer and the other one seems to have a decent upside

Holgate impressed me whenever I saw him last season. He's genuinely getting quite good at right back and I think he can still get better. I'd happily see us persevere with him because he's certain to get minutes now Kenny has gone on loan

The rest I don't have too much of an objection with, but those three especially should be retained

Baningame hasn't put a foot wrong whenever he's played and Williams has apparently impressed Silva, so it'd be nuts to get rid of them when one definitely has something to offer and the other one seems to have a decent upside

Holgate impressed me whenever I saw him last season. He's genuinely getting quite good at right back and I think he can still get better. I'd happily see us persevere with him because he's certain to get minutes now Kenny has gone on loan

The rest I don't have too much of an objection with, but those three especially should be retained

Well to be fair I did keep Holgate Mikey.

But we still need a RB.

Dunno about the other 2, I think its a concern Beni went on loan and didnt play, as for Joe Williams, hes 22, hes not a young prospect age, im of the thinking that if he was gonna break through, he might have actual played a game for us by now.

From your list I'd give Dowell, Williams a chance on loan and come back next year. And maybe keep Beni as cover if Schneiderlin and Gana go. (Just in case Gana goes to PSG)

Just the 250k saved in wages a week so far.

The mans a fraud.
Thats really sad, we've only managed a handful of outs for some of the absolute least important players who never had a shot this season(or were expiring contracts), and already saved over 200k a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.