Goats squad analysis thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Williams and Baningime should definitely not be on the cull list, no way

The issue is that these lads aren’t 17 anymore. Williams is 22, older than Davies, older than Richarlison. He’s not going to be playing this season as a first choice starter so he’s probably at the point where he needs to decide does he leave and play in the championship and try and get back to the premier league that way like Duffy, O Kane etc. Or does he take a chance knowing that if Gomes Gueye Davies Schneiderlin all stay fit he’s probably not seeing any game time.

The issue is that these lads aren’t 17 anymore. Williams is 22, older than Davies, older than Richarlison. He’s not going to be playing this season as a first choice starter so he’s probably at the point where he needs to decide does he leave and play in the championship and try and get back to the premier league that way like Duffy, O Kane etc. Or does he take a chance knowing that if Gomes Gueye Davies Schneiderlin all stay fit he’s probably not seeing any game time.

We're definitely going to have injuries and suspensions in that midfield though, so they'll be places for both of them I reckon

If you look at the possibility of Besic, Schneiderlin, Mccarthy and maybe Connolly all going, then we're going to be lacking depth there. We'll have Gomes, Gana and Davies. We really should have more options there, hence Williams and Baningame

I think we’ll see Schneiderlin stay (unfortunately) and another midfielder brought in (Sosa perhaps). Markalengo seems to be in and around the squad too. I think all others will be cut or loaned but we’ll have to wait and see.

If you look at the possibility of Besic, Schneiderlin, Mccarthy and maybe Connolly all going, then we're going to be lacking depth there. We'll have Gomes, Gana and Davies. We really should have more options there, hence Williams and Baningame

I”ll just keep Schneiderlin and move on McCarthy, Besic, Williams and Connolly. Recoup some money back and save some wages. Bani should be out on loan he can’t get a game at Wigan.

Just because you can make some money off a young player doesn't mean you just give up on them

Williams did well last season and Silva supposedly likes him. Makes no sense to get rid right now

It’s likely most of them won’t make it here, to be honest.

However, they will probably have a good career playing in the Championship and have good wages as footballers.

Maybe making profits and thus inserting sell on clause is the best option.

I”ll just keep Schneiderlin and move on McCarthy, Besic, Williams and Connolly. Recoup some money back and save some wages. Bani should be out on loan he can’t get a game at Wigan.
Williams, Connolly, Pennington and Robinson etc can bring in a couple of millions.
Just because you can make some money off a young player doesn't mean you just give up on them

Williams did well last season and Silva supposedly likes him. Makes no sense to get rid right now

Just focusing on two positions in centre midfield:

Gomes -- Gana -- Schneiderlin -- Davies

I think we will go with those players and bring one more signing in.

Then i think the rest of the over 21s will be sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.