Goats squad analysis thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to Livingston/Cook? Jerebko/Bell? I’m genuinely asking because I’d think that’d be enough (along with whatever Iggy has left) to keep the starters from over exerting themselves. Like I can’t point to a series of moves and say “ah ok that’s why they dropped off some”

What happened to Livingston/Cook? Jerebko/Bell? I’m genuinely asking because I’d think that’d be enough (along with whatever Iggy has left) to keep the starters from over exerting themselves. Like I can’t point to a series of moves and say “ah ok that’s why they dropped off some”
Either you are utterly off your cake or I am, cos I understood none of that?

The thread says 'squad analysis' so this falls into that-ish
With all the rotation of players over Christmas...and I'm not saying put in 3 or 4 in the deep end, but DCL & the 'injured' Lookman not with standing.
Given all the money spent on the Academy there not One thats worth a 20 min run out??

Outgoings

Holgate = Loan
Dowell = Loan
Browning = imminent (contract up in summer)
Jagielka = end of season
Baines = end of season
Zouma = loan expires
Gomes = loan expires

Bolasie
Sandro
Tosun
Cuco
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Niasse
Besic
Stekelenburg
Pennington
Hewelt
Tarashaj
Connolly
Mirallas
Garbutt
Williams
Galloway

Plus those such as coleman and walcott...

Perfect time in Jan to sell those who are already on loan or those with no future at the club.

Hopefully Tosun + McCarthy + Schneiderlin + Niasse and one or two more will go.

Outgoings

Holgate = Loan
Dowell = Loan
Browning = imminent (contract up in summer)
Jagielka = end of season
Baines = end of season
Zouma = loan expires
Gomes = loan expires

Bolasie
Sandro
Tosun
Cuco
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Niasse
Besic
Stekelenburg
Pennington
Hewelt
Tarashaj
Connolly
Mirallas
Garbutt
Williams
Galloway

Plus those such as coleman and walcott...

Perfect time in Jan to sell those who are already on loan or those with no future at the club.

Hopefully Tosun + McCarthy + Schneiderlin + Niasse and one or two more will go.
This is the scary thing really, so many of our players are due to come back when what we really need is for them to be sold.

It will be frustrating if over the summer much of our focus is still trying to flog deadwood and loan out fringe players.

This is the scary thing really, so many of our players are due to come back when what we really need is for them to be sold.

It will be frustrating if over the summer much of our focus is still trying to flog deadwood and loan out fringe players.

I think:

POSSIBLE OUTS
Coleman/Kenny
Keane
Walcott
Gana
Sigurdsson
Schneiderlin
Tosun
McCarthy
Niasse
Galloway
Stekelenburg

CURRENTLY ON LOAN
Bolasie
Sandro
Cuco
Besic
Mirallas
Pennington
Connolly
Garbutt
Hewelt
Williams (joe)

We really need to look at selling a fair few of them this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.