Garbutt
Schneiderlin
Besic
Mirallas
Bolasie
Tarashaj
Sandro
Niasse

Vlasic and Mccarthy being two extra possibilities based on the amount we bring in.

That's a hell of a lot of deadwood/players who won't take us to the next level. People will argue stekelenburg too, but i don't mind him hanging around whilst virginia comes of age and we have a better idea if he's a good enough backup.

That leaves us with the following squad of 22, a couple of which could also go out on loan.

Pickford
Stek
Virginia
Coleman
Kenny
Mina
Keane
Holgate
Digne
Baines
Gueye
Davies
McCarthy
Walcott
Lookman
Siggurdsson
Dowell
Richarlison
Bernard
Vlasic
Tosun
Calvert-Lewin
Onyekuru

That would mean another five or six ins over the next two windows for me. Two centre backs, two centre mids and then a top striker plus one other attacker. That would be a good squad size for me, but shows just how big brands job is, that all this needs to be done in the next two windows despite how well he did this summer.

Hopefully by the end of the summer we should have shipped off:

Martina
Jagielka
Williams
Browning
Galloway
Pennington
Garbutt
Schneiderlin
Besic
Mirallas
Bolasie
Tarashaj
Sandro
Niasse

Vlasic and Mccarthy being two extra possibilities based on the amount we bring in.

That's a hell of a lot of deadwood/players who won't take us to the next level. People will argue stekelenburg too, but i don't mind him hanging around whilst virginia comes of age and we have a better idea if he's a good enough backup.

That leaves us with the following squad of 22, a couple of which could also go out on loan.

Pickford
Stek
Virginia
Coleman
Kenny
Mina
Keane
Holgate
Digne
Baines
Gueye
Davies
McCarthy
Walcott
Lookman
Siggurdsson
Dowell
Richarlison
Bernard
Vlasic
Tosun
Calvert-Lewin
Onyekuru

That would mean another five or six ins over the next two windows for me. Two centre backs, two centre mids and then a top striker plus one other attacker. That would be a good squad size for me, but shows just how big brands job is, that all this needs to be done in the next two windows despite how well he did this summer.

Pickford
Virginia
Kenny
Mina
Keane
Holgate
Digne
Gueye
Baningime
Davies
Lookman
Siggurdsson
Dowell
Richarlison
Bernard
Vlasic
Calvert-Lewin
Onyekuru

Thats 18 players.

New Keeper
New Left back
New right back
Zouma or another centre back
Gomes or another centre mid
New deep playmaker
Right forward
Centre forward

That makes 26.

Pickford
Virginia
Kenny
Mina
Keane
Holgate
Digne
Gueye
Baningime
Davies
Lookman
Siggurdsson
Dowell
Richarlison
Bernard
Vlasic
Calvert-Lewin
Onyekuru

Thats 18 players.

New Keeper
New Left back
New right back
New deep playmaker
Right forward
Centre forward

That makes 26.

Cease this Zat, you missed off Coleman and Walcott, Beni and Dowell wont be making it here, I doubt JJK will be either, Vlasic and Henry aint coming back.

Its a decent attempt tho.

Cease this Zat, you missed off Coleman and Walcott, Beni and Dowell wont be making it here, I doubt JJK will be either, Vlasic and Henry aint coming back.

Its a decent attempt tho.

In the other thread where you compared our 11s to Arsenals and Spurs...did you state that either of ours were superior to theirs?

Coleman and Walcott need upgrading...

Baningime and Kenny will still be around, the only question mark is on Dowell at the moment.

Vlasic will return and Henry has just netted a brace...if they arent here then we could see as much as £40mil for them if they keep delivering...enough for replacements

In the other thread where you compared our 11s to Arsenals and Spurs...did you state that either of ours were superior to theirs?

Coleman and Walcott need upgrading...

Baningime and Kenny will still be around, the only question mark is on Dowell at the moment.

Vlasic will return and Henry has just netted a brace...if they arent here then we could see as much as £40mil for them if they keep delivering...enough for replacements

Every player in the squad needs upgrading Zat, we have some good players, but we need better 1s from 1-11.

Arsenal and Spurs arent the benchmark, City is the benchmark.

Every player in the squad needs upgrading Zat, we have some good players, but we need better 1s from 1-11.

Arsenal and Spurs arent the benchmark, City is the benchmark.

First you have to create an 11 to reach the top 6 consistently. Then the squad to push for top 4.

Thats the only way to attract the best players, and keep them.

Its clear that Coleman and Walcott arent comparable to any right sided duo in the top 6 so they must be upgraded...

If I had to punt (which I don't, but I will anyway) the ones in bold are the ones I reckon getting we'll actively look to move on, either temp or perm, in Jan.

Schneiderlin is the only iffy one. Reckon we'd only get rid if it's an offer we're happy with and if not Silva will keep him about.

One in, and that's up front (if Niasse goes). Whether that's a striker or a 'wide forward', I'm not sure.

Maybe... maybe, a midfielder, if Schneiderlin goes.

Pickford
Virginia
Kenny
Mina
Keane
Holgate
Digne
Gueye
Baningime
Davies
Lookman
Siggurdsson
Dowell
Richarlison
Bernard
Vlasic
Calvert-Lewin
Onyekuru

Thats 18 players.

New Keeper
New Left back
New right back
New deep playmaker
Right forward
Centre forward

That makes 26.

Like this, bar lack of Coleman.

Based on Goat's squad - this is my overhaul plan for the next 2 windows

Manager : Marco Silva

GK
Jordan Pickford
? Stek unreliable.
João Virginia Highly rated at Arsenal. Should start to use him in cup games next year.

RB
? Seamus eased down the pecking order with a top class right back.
Séamus Coleman

LB

Lucas Digne
?

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma?
Michael Keane
?

DM/CM/AM

Idrissa Gueye
Beni Baningime saw potential in the couple of cameos I saw from him.
Tom Davies
André Gomes? If not, we need a top centre mid. Class like Gomes hard to come by. Might end up with a less polished version, who makes up for it with physicality.
Gylfi Sigurðsson

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Ademola Lookman
?

ST
?
?
Dominic Calvert-Lewin

What i would like to see happen.

This window.

I would permanently move out if possible.
Tosun
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Niasse

I would loan out.
Holgate
Davies
Baningime
Dowell
Calvert-Lewin (as long as we get 2 new attackers)
Kenny (as long as we get a new RB in)

I would sign
Right Back
Centre Midfield
Right Forward (preferably left footed)
Striker
Joe Williams recalled from his loan

The next window.

Players I would move out.
Baines
Zouma (too expensive to be 4th choice a d I would like a left footer as 3rd choice)
Jagielka
Coleman (if he wants to stay he can but he would be back up)
Browning

Players I would sign.
Gomes
Centre Back (left footed)
Left Back

Players out on loan back in squad
Vlasic
Onyekyru
Most of the ones loaned out above.

Anyone currently out on loan not listed above I would try and sell failing that out on loan they would go again. Stekelenburg I would replace if the right keeper came along but it wouldn't be a priority.

What i would like to see happen.

This window.

I would permanently move out if possible.
Tosun
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Niasse

I would loan out.
Holgate
Davies
Baningime
Dowell
Calvert-Lewin (as long as we get 2 new attackers)
Kenny (as long as we get a new RB in)

I would sign
Right Back
Centre Midfield
Right Forward (preferably left footed)
Striker
Joe Williams recalled from his loan

The next window.

Players I would move out.
Baines
Zouma (too expensive to be 4th choice a d I would like a left footer as 3rd choice)
Jagielka
Coleman (if he wants to stay he can but he would be back up)
Browning

Players I would sign.
Gomes
Centre Back (left footed)
Left Back

Players out on loan back in squad
Vlasic
Onyekyru
Most of the ones loaned out above.

Anyone currently out on loan not listed above I would try and sell failing that out on loan they would go again. Stekelenburg I would replace if the right keeper came along but it wouldn't be a priority.

No chance we're being that active in Jan mate (I know you said ideally etc).

3/4 out - 1, maybe 2, in.

No chance we're being that active in Jan mate (I know you said ideally etc).

3/4 out - 1, maybe 2, in.

Whatever doesn't happen in this window add it to the summer when there is more time. I fully expect just one attacking player. So we would keep one of McCarthy and Schneiderlin and DCL and Kenny wouldn't go on loan.

Friends, Romans, kopites, lend me your ears!

And its the moment you have all been waiting for, the halftime review.

GK
Jordan Pickford
Maarten Stekelenburg
João Virginia

Still an issue, in a way, is Virginia good enough to step in if Pickford gets injured? Anyway, lets hope Pickford doesnt get injured in the next 6 months, im expecting no movement in this area.

RB
Séamus Coleman
Jonjoe Kenny

Personally im not in the Anti-Coleman posse, I feel hes not quite the Seamus we know, but would be willing to give him another 6months in the hope he can get back to the level he was pre-injury. JJK is more than an able back up and this is another area I see no real movement in.

LB
Leighton Baines
Lucas Digne

The boy Luca is just superb, he really is, Baines is Baines, again, cant see much movement here.

CB
Yerry Mina
Kurt Zouma
Mason Holgate
Phil Jagielka
Michael Keane

Given the whispers, I suspect Holgate will be offered out on loan, probably the right thing, he needs games, I like the boy, hes young so hes not quite the finished product, but hes got potential and a little run out somewhere would be the best thing at this point. If possible I would be looking into retaining Zoooms, but that might be something we look at in the Summer. Again, bar Holgate I cant see much movement here.

DM/CM/AM
Morgan Schneiderlin
Idrissa Gueye
Beni Baningime
Tom Davies
James McCarthy
André Gomes
Gylfi Sigurðsson
Kieran Dowell

The engine room, where to start here? At the top I suppose. Rumours of slight injuries, but Morgan seems to be missing a lot of matchday squads, I cant imagine we wont be trying to offload him in this window. Personally, I think Gana is vital to how we want to play and would ideally like to see him retained. Given the other players I would be moving on, we probably need to keep Beni around, he ideally needs games at his age, but as I say, if theres "major" movement in this area, he would probably need to be kept around as cover. Same for TomTom.

I like McCarthy, at his best hes a very able, if not slightly limited DM, sadly hes had lots and lots of injuries over the last year or so and it would probably be prudent if we moved him on in this window. Not even gonna comment on Gomes, nada. SELL EVERYBODY TO KEEP HIM IF WE MUST. Iceland is Iceland, like an iceberg, prone to melt, but hes our iceberg. I would be very much looking to loan or even sell KOD(copyright @davek), defo needs games, not gonna get any here anytime soon.

Gana, TomTom, Gomes, Iceland, Beni would do us, I see no reason to purchase anybody in this window, other than of course Gomes.

Widers
Richarlison
Bernard
Theo Walcott
Ademola Lookman

Rico stays with the widers for now, but as we all know hes been playing up top quite a lot. Bernard I like, even if he isnt quite there yet, but im hopeful he can kick on at some point and show his quality more than the odd flash, same for Lookman, both players have magic, they just need to produce it more often. Walcott seems to be in a slight slump, but at his best hes a weapon that we can very much use. As for Ins, well we could probably do with a body here, possibly, given that ive "left" us a little light in the middle of the park it might be prudent to pick up an "attacker" of sort.

ST
Cenk Tosun
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Oumar Niasse

SELL. Thats all ive got here, DCL we can possibly "work with", but the others 2 stink badly. We need 1 or probably 2 new Strikers, an impossible dream in a Winter window, but thats what we need.

Thanks for reading, tune in over the next 39? days and lets hope for multiple EDITS!

Shalom to all my fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.