Cuco
Besic
Mirallas
Pennington
Connolly
Garbutt
Hewelt
Williams (joe)

We really need to look at selling a fair few of them this window.
I don't think Keane, Walcott, Siggy or Gana are being sold unless huge money comes in.

Out of those I'd personally only sell Walcott and Keane, but we're weak in those departments anyway unless we want to be signing another shed load of players.

Keane/mina/ zouma permanent is a solid 3 CBs to rotate for now, whilst other areas of the pitch are begging. Doesn't mean I wouldn't upgrade if the right CB was available, I just think it's unlikely.

Every single other player on the list needs offloading

Outgoings

Holgate = Loan
Dowell = Loan
Browning = imminent (contract up in summer)
Jagielka = end of season
Baines = end of season
Zouma = loan expires
Gomes = loan expires

Bolasie
Sandro
Tosun
Cuco
McCarthy
Schneiderlin
Niasse
Besic
Stekelenburg
Pennington
Hewelt
Tarashaj
Connolly
Mirallas
Garbutt
Williams
Galloway

Plus those such as coleman and walcott...

Perfect time in Jan to sell those who are already on loan or those with no future at the club.

Hopefully Tosun + McCarthy + Schneiderlin + Niasse and one or two more will go.
I may be wrong but I would think it quite rare that players already out on loan would find permanent clubs in January, surely this would wait until the end of the loan contract. Hopefully with a year at the club, Brands will have already lined up some buyers for the summer clearout by the time the window opens.

The 4 names you mention at the bottom would seem like the most likely to go. If we could replace 2 defensive midfielders and 2 forwards with 1 player in each position with the quality to improve the first 11, that would be an excellent window in my eyes (as much as I think the right side of Coleman/Walcott needs an upgrade, I can't see this happening until the Summer).

I don't think Keane, Walcott, Siggy or Gana are being sold unless huge money comes in.

Out of those I'd personally only sell Walcott and Keane, but we're weak in those departments anyway unless we want to be signing another shed load of players.

Keane/mina/ zouma permanent is a solid 3 CBs to rotate for now, whilst other areas of the pitch are begging. Doesn't mean I wouldn't upgrade if the right CB was available, I just think it's unlikely.

Every single other player on the list needs offloading

I dont think most will go this window either. However, if PSG did come in with a big offer for Gana (or at least an acceptable figure) then i think he would be sold...29, cant pass etc etc

If we have asked about Malcom then i hope its Walcott to make way as hes been dreadful and, again is 29.

Cant see Keane or Sigurdsson leaving this window but it was more to highlight those players who may be subject of bids now or summer.

I may be wrong but I would think it quite rare that players already out on loan would find permanent clubs in January, surely this would wait until the end of the loan contract. Hopefully with a year at the club, Brands will have already lined up some buyers for the summer clearout by the time the window opens.

The 4 names you mention at the bottom would seem like the most likely to go. If we could replace 2 defensive midfielders and 2 forwards with 1 player in each position with the quality to improve the first 11, that would be an excellent window in my eyes (as much as I think the right side of Coleman/Walcott needs an upgrade, I can't see this happening until the Summer).

True about the loanees not being sold, however Joe Williams was the subject of a £1-2mil bid while he was on loan last season.

Also, some players who we initially valued at low prices may be doing well for their clubs and they may want to tie them down....like we are trying with Gomes perhaps?

The other point i will reply below.

This feels like the first sensible post I've read in weeks!

If we look at:

McCarthy + Schneiderlin = 1 DM
Tosun + Niasse = 1 CF

Thats actually quite sensible. However we then need to look at;

McCarthy only being linked on loan
Schneiderlin on £100k+ a week
Tosun unlikely to fetch much
Niasse rumoured to habe a €7mil bid from Palace

Whats really the max we could make from them? Probably needing to subsidise a chunk of wages.

If we could shift all of them.out for say £30mil then that would perhaps cover the cost of Diawara at Napoli or be close to Werner at Leipzig...as unlikely as those deals seem.

I think realistically we need to sell quite a few more players to cover the cost of 2 signings outright.

Just Mccarthy and schneiderlin to get rid of and I'd be happy with that squad for the summer once jagielka leaves. Just got have our fingers crossed that we sneakily signed the transfer sheets as opposed to the loan one for everyone currently off the books.

Are we getting rid of McCarthy? Granted his high tempo style doesn’t bode well for him coming back and being a success, but I’d want to see him back for a spell and see what he’s got left.

Status
Not open for further replies.