General Meeting 09.01.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ props for the skillz
It's a really shoddy joke one I did from years ago mate.

Followed up by:

plain2.jpg

@Prevenger17

If you don't laugh, you'll cry.

Just everything thats gone on. The Voodoo claims, not being able to find Barkley's agent for half a year, said Agent making guarantees on the back of a sale of his other client, the fact we are 10 million pounds into the BMD move and yet to have a spade in the ground and then the Jim White quotes.

I'm sorry if I'm not taking this seriously when our largest shareholder, at an AGM, said:

"Sometimes he calls me late at night. We've had a bad game and he gets to me. They are conversations between 2 friends and they shouldn't appear on Sky or Twitter."

It's so crazy as fook, that's it's become highly amusing.

Then again, the reality is we have an owner who agents, players do not take seriously and have made look a complete idiot, something he's added too every time he speaks as well.

We best pray Usmanov is coming soon, because with moshiri in sole charge we could end up in an absolute mess of a state.

At least it's confirmed what we already knew about Kenwright and Elstone's continued involvement. They've had us off again.

Then again, the reality is we have an owner who agents, players do not take seriously and have made look a complete idiot, something he's added too every time he speaks as well.

We best pray Usmanov is coming soon, because with moshiri in sole charge we could end up in an absolute mess of a state.

He has a chequebook, agents and players will forget his mentalness for that.

Bloody hell mate, DCL, who half the forum think shouldn't be starting in the first team has got four assists this season in the league so far.
Do you seriously think if we'd had a half way decent striker last season, who wasn't called Lukaku, that he wouldn't have had six or more assists ?

I miss Rom, he's a very good player, but Walsh is right, we'd almost certainly have finished seventh without him, but we'd have been much further from sixth than we ended up being. If Rom was still playing for us, we'd be doing a damned sight better than we are, and if he'd stayed with us and we'd added quality to the squad then we'd be aiming for higher than seventh. The issue with the striker situation isn't really about Rom, it's not getting someone in with a bit of quality to replace him that's killed us. But finishing seventh this season without him isn't out of the question.
I was being a bit flippant mate. The point is that it’s a ridiculous comment from Walsh because no one can simply say what the effect would be of losing Lukaku, sure you can look at goals scored but you simply can’t analyse his overall impact on the team and how we performed. Just to give one intangible that can’t be measured what is the effect on confidence of the whole team in having arguably the best finisher in the Premier League. Another factor is the managers skills in adapting without Lukaku, based on what happened with Koeman this season you’d have a strong argument that we wouldn’t have finished 7th last season without Lukaku. Anyway the whole thing is a simple reductionist argument that you wouldn’t expect from a Director of Football. Last night is simply another example of how out of his depth Walsh is.

All joking aside mate after what has happened with Koeman etc and hearing all of that I have real concerns that we will be relegated with him in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.