Full Capacity Stadiums set to be allowed in England for new season

Is it time to open the stadiums at full capacity?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand that, but being jabbed or double jabbed unfortunately doesn’t stop you from getting it.

It lowers your risk but yes you can still get it. The jab will dramatically decrease the risk of getting seriously ill though - that's the main point of it.

I think we have to go down the personal choice and personal responsibility route. Those who want to watch a match should be allowed to and we are told regularly outdoor risk is much lower than indoor risk.

Understand that, but being jabbed or double jabbed unfortunately doesn’t stop you from getting it.

It was never supposed to, it was supposed to stop you from getting serious illness/hospital admissions, which I think it has?

So if your double jabbed and do get covid the chance are ( in most cases ) it's no different to having flu ( slightly different symptoms, few days poorly back after a few days )

You do not close the country down in flu season, if the majority of the country is double jabbed it should be absolutely open again until if/when the NHS is struggling.

As always if you are "at risk" just take more care.

It was never supposed to, it was supposed to stop you from getting serious illness/hospital admissions, which I think it has?

So if your double jabbed and do get covid the chance are ( in most cases ) it's no different to having flu ( slightly different symptoms, few days poorly back after a few days )

You do not close the country down in flu season, if the majority of the country is double jabbed it should be absolutely open again until if/when the NHS is struggling.

As always if you are "at risk" just take more care.
I can only go off personal experience, I’ve had 1 jab, got covid and felt like crap for probably 10 days, people say it’s like flu, it’s not. I would say I had mild symptoms but it wasn’t pleasant. I get the whole take more care etc but sometimes it’s the actions of others that put you at risk as well. There has been much talk of how we are going to see a spike due to the euros etc, that will be the same I think when the season starts also.

Last edited:

It hasn’t let rip yet, as of yesterday hospitals occupancy in the whole of the UK was less than a 10th of the figure for new cases

Just gone by my local test/jab centre, unfortunately at the RS Arena, there’s a queue running right along and around the ground so people are taking things seriously to get tested/jabbed
There is exponential increase in hospitalised cases and that will translate into massive fatalities.

You have to kidding if you think this isn't going to swamp the NHS.

I can only go off personal experience, I’ve had 1 jab, got covid and felt like crap for probably 10 days, people say it’s like flu, it’s not. I would say I had mild symptoms but it wasn’t pleasant. I get the whole take more care etc but sometimes it’s the actions of others that put you at risk as well. There has been much talk of how we are going to see a spike due to the euros etc, that will be the same I think when the season starts also.

Covid has gone around a few of my mates recently, like 4 have had it in the last 2/3 seeks out of them 4 that have had it 3 of them felt rough for about a week ( bad chest can't taste, bad aches etc etc ) the other felt a bit [Poor language removed] but more flu like symptoms and was sound after ,2/3 days... Which one of the 4 do you think was double jabbed?

Again I'm not saying everything is fine and covid isn't a problem anymore but if the vaccinations keep coming I think it'll be good for the country to get back to some sort of normality

There is exponential increase in hospitalised cases and that will translate into massive fatalities.

this is whole point of the vaccine,
so if it does happen,
does that mean its failed?

this is whole point of the vaccine,
so if it does happen,
does that mean its failed?
The vast majority of the people swamping hospitals are and will be unvaccinated.

I'm not English, but what is happening in England is a real-time experiment. "Freedom day" is Trumpism at its finest. The only "freedom" that should apply right now is for people who are vaccinated - and even they need to show a little solidarity with others waiting who sacrificed for them over the last 18 months. The rest of us need to bide our time for another few weeks. I sympathise with young people - they are less likely to die from this thing or even get a severe dose. But long Covid is a thing and going to a football match with 40,000 others wouldn't be top of my agenda until double vaxxed. As for nightclubs, well, I can't understand why anybody would be comfortable going there right now, vaccinated or not, unless there was a strict door policy of vaccinated people only.

The vast majority of the people swamping hospitals are and will be unvaccinated.

I'm not English, but what is happening in England is a real-time experiment. "Freedom day" is Trumpism at its finest. The only "freedom" that should apply right now is for people who are vaccinated - and even they need to show a little solidarity with others waiting who sacrificed for them over the last 18 months. The rest of us need to bide our time for another few weeks. I sympathise with young people - they are less likely to die from this thing or even get a severe dose. But long Covid is a thing and going to a football match with 40,000 others wouldn't be top of my agenda until double vaxxed. As for nightclubs, well, I can't understand why anybody would be comfortable going there right now, vaccinated or not, unless there was a strict door policy of vaccinated people only.
There's more and more info that younger people exposed to greater viral loads than most because they circulate most are getting organ damage - be it brain, heart, liver.

It's a no brainer that even younger people need to get double vaccinated before even thinking of acting in the old normal manner.

In the absence of vaccine passports, Everton and the rest of the clubs need to resist going for full capacity and make sure there is proper social distancing in terms of seating and queuing.

There shouldn't be more than a 3rd of that ground being used.

we are back up to the same case rate as January but with a tenth of the hospitalisations, thanks to the vaccine.

There's more and more info that younger people exposed to greater viral loads than most because they circulate most are getting organ damage - be it brain, heart, liver.

It's a no brainer that even younger people need to get double vaccinated before even thinking of acting in the old normal manner.

In the absence of vaccine passports, Everton and the rest of the clubs need to resist going for full capacity and make sure there is proper social distancing in terms of seating and queuing.

There shouldn't be more than a 3rd of that ground being used.
Florida and Texas have ditched every restriction months ago. Time to get back to work I'm afraid.

It lowers your risk but yes you can still get it. The jab will dramatically decrease the risk of getting seriously ill though - that's the main point of it.

I think we have to go down the personal choice and personal responsibility route. Those who want to watch a match should be allowed to and we are told regularly outdoor risk is much lower than indoor risk.
Outdoor risk being lower I dont think applies too well to a football match, its not the 90 minutes of play, its the rammed buses, trains and passageways under the stands.
If clubs go back to having bars and food to encourage people to hang around under the stands all they are doing is putting £££ before health.

Status
Not open for further replies.