Full Capacity Stadiums set to be allowed in England for new season

Is it time to open the stadiums at full capacity?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's more and more info that younger people exposed to greater viral loads than most because they circulate most are getting organ damage - be it brain, heart, liver.

It's a no brainer that even younger people need to get double vaccinated before even thinking of acting in the old normal manner.

In the absence of vaccine passports, Everton and the rest of the clubs need to resist going for full capacity and make sure there is proper social distancing in terms of seating and queuing.

There shouldn't be more than a 3rd of that ground being used.
I tend to agree. As marvelous as it was to see big crowds at the European Championship, I always felt uneasy when watching matches in places like Budapest and London. Considering that the vast majority of people in the UK and the EU will have been offered a vaccine by the time the football season starts, I don't think it unreasonable for clubs to have full capacity for vaccinated people only. Alternatively, if they are not willing to put in place the procedures necessary for this, they should insist on social distancing with smaller crowds.

I think PCR and antigen tests had their place when younger people had to wait in line for vaccination. Soon, however, everyone who wanted a vaccine will have been offered one, so I'd eliminate the tests as a means of access for all but those who have very specific medial reasons for not being vaccinated.

I tend to agree. As marvelous as it was to see big crowds at the European Championship, I always felt uneasy when watching matches in places like Budapest and London. Considering that the vast majority of people in the UK and the EU will have been offered a vaccine by the time the football season starts, I don't think it unreasonable for clubs to have full capacity for vaccinated people only. Alternatively, if they are not willing to put in place the procedures necessary for this, they should insist on social distancing with smaller crowds.

I think PCR and antigen tests had their place when younger people had to wait in line for vaccination. Soon, however, everyone who wanted a vaccine will have been offered one, so I'd eliminate the tests as a means of access for all but those who have very specific medial reasons for not being vaccinated.
If people refuse vaccines, they should be kept well away from others.

If they want that choice, then we the rest should have the choice not to have to be near them.

They are willful and need to be marginalised.

so you'd introduce a vaccine passport for going to an outdoor event when 95% of the population has been vaxxed. Why?

If they want that choice, then we the rest should have the choice not to have to be near them.

you're wasted here Dave. You'd go down a storm in the People's Republic.

My feeling on this is straightforward. Nobody should have to take a vaccine without giving informed consent. However, part of being informed is to recognise that your decision has consequences. If you choose not to take the vaccine to protect yourself and others (because this is part of the reason for vaccinating populations), then that must be repected by society, but you must also accept that certain outcomes will result from this. One of which could be inferior rights of access to certain events and places in society.

My feeling on this is straightforward. Nobody should have to take a vaccine without giving informed consent. However, part of being informed is to recognise that your decision has consequences. If you choose not to take the vaccine to protect yourself and others (because this is part of the reason for vaccinating populations), then that must be repected by society, but you must also accept that certain outcomes will result from this. One of which could be inferior rights of access to certain events and places in society.
or how about we give libertarians a rare break because they are so low in number it wont stop herd immunity anyway, and we just don't punish them?

so you'd introduce a vaccine passport for going to an outdoor event when 95% of the population has been vaxxed. Why?
No, I wouldn't. There would be no need whatsoever for a vaccine passport if herd immunity has been reached. By August, if we have reached that point, then no need for any restrictions in an outdoor football stadium at all.

Exactly.

This is life and death we're talking about here. Having some arsehole who thinks that exercising their 'liberty' is permissible while others to get infected, fall seriously ill or die from their actions is not on.

The world should become a smaller place for such people, not larger.

of course the freedoms you enjoy to slag off whoever you like would have to go in the bin. If Ussie found out you'd been bad mouthing his bitch it would be the gulag for you I'm afraid.
That's not a relevant comparison.

That's not a relevant comparison.
I thought you had implied how great it would be if you really were in a People's Republic. If you were, you would not be able to blurb away at the communist elites on t'internet. Before they let that happen, they'd just shoot you.

Status
Not open for further replies.