Return of fans to stadiums to be controlled by Ballot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudolf Hucker

Player Valuation: £30m
Taken from email to ST holders :

Over the coming weeks – and as there is greater clarity relating to the return of fans to stadiums - the Club will be sharing further information with you to explain the ballot process for ticket allocation for fixtures. This ballot process will provide fair and equitable access to the limited tickets available for each fixture and will be structured to ensure a fair distribution of tickets across all league fixtures at which fan attendance will be possible. This process will also ensure family and friend groups will not be split up when allocated tickets for fixtures.

The plan being developed by the Club is based on consultation with various fan groups. Season Ticket Members will be required to opt-in to each ballot for each available fixture. This will ensure each match ballot will made up only of Season Ticket Members able and willing to attend that specific fixture.

Each ballot will only be open to 2020/21 Season Ticket Members and there will be no match-by-match ticket sales for fixtures whilst there is a reduced capacity at Goodison Park.

In preparation for this process - and to help ensure Season Ticket Members can attend matches with their friends and family - the Club is asking all fans to review and update, if necessary, their personal details and contact information. It is vital that you have a valid address registered with the Club to enter the ballot and receive tickets.

It is also important this information is up to date, as it will enable the Club to fulfil the requirements of the Government’s Track and Trace system when fans are permitted into stadiums once again.

UNQUOTE

Personally, I’d go back to a full stadium today, but I accept that’s not going to happen.
Glad to see some thought going into it.

Glad to see it’s going to be a Ballot. That’s a fair way to do it.
Glad they’re implementing an OPT IN for every game. That should prevent tickets going to people who want to isolate.

Says they’re consulting fans groups for input. What would your input be?

My main concerns would be :

- Clamp down on touting. Hopefully the Govt Track & Trace will ensure any transfer of tickets is illegal. Hopefully the clubs will be forced to check ID. Remove STs from anyone selling on.

- The ballot needs to be independent for each game. I will opt in for every game. Don’t want some fanny who’s afraid of covid for the West Brom game, but suddenly OK for the derby to get preference.

What else?

Taken from email to ST holders :

Over the coming weeks – and as there is greater clarity relating to the return of fans to stadiums - the Club will be sharing further information with you to explain the ballot process for ticket allocation for fixtures. This ballot process will provide fair and equitable access to the limited tickets available for each fixture and will be structured to ensure a fair distribution of tickets across all league fixtures at which fan attendance will be possible. This process will also ensure family and friend groups will not be split up when allocated tickets for fixtures.

The plan being developed by the Club is based on consultation with various fan groups. Season Ticket Members will be required to opt-in to each ballot for each available fixture. This will ensure each match ballot will made up only of Season Ticket Members able and willing to attend that specific fixture.

Each ballot will only be open to 2020/21 Season Ticket Members and there will be no match-by-match ticket sales for fixtures whilst there is a reduced capacity at Goodison Park.

In preparation for this process - and to help ensure Season Ticket Members can attend matches with their friends and family - the Club is asking all fans to review and update, if necessary, their personal details and contact information. It is vital that you have a valid address registered with the Club to enter the ballot and receive tickets.

It is also important this information is up to date, as it will enable the Club to fulfil the requirements of the Government’s Track and Trace system when fans are permitted into stadiums once again.

UNQUOTE

Personally, I’d go back to a full stadium today, but I accept that’s not going to happen.
Glad to see some thought going into it.

Glad to see it’s going to be a Ballot. That’s a fair way to do it.
Glad they’re implementing an OPT IN for every game. That should prevent tickets going to people who want to isolate.

Says they’re consulting fans groups for input. What would your input be?

My main concerns would be :

- Clamp down on touting. Hopefully the Govt Track & Trace will ensure any transfer of tickets is illegal. Hopefully the clubs will be forced to check ID. Remove STs from anyone selling on.

- The ballot needs to be independent for each game. I will opt in for every game. Don’t want some fanny who’s afraid of covid for the West Brom game, but suddenly OK for the derby to get preference.

What else?
Football isn't the same without fans there, hopefully sooner rather than later. Not that I can afford to go now I'm unemployed.

Clamp down on touting. Hopefully the Govt Track & Trace will ensure any transfer of tickets is illegal. Hopefully the clubs will be forced to check ID. Remove STs from anyone selling on.

These are trying times and it's reassuring that the club has obviously put a lot of thought into the matter. Good to hear that they will consult with fan groups. Like you, I just hope they find a way of ensuring that nobody makes money by 'touting' tickets.
Roll on the eventual return to normality, whenever that may be.
Football isn't the same without fans
Amen to that.

Personally don’t think ballot is the right way, you’re gonna get some who are lucky get get 4/5 games and some who are unlucky who make every game.

Personally feel an opt in service would be sound. If we were allowed 5,000 per game and we had had 20,000 who opted in, I’d just random generate the first 5,000 and so on, and keep rotating that way.

In a hypothetical season where we could have went to every game that means 3/4 get 5 games in the season and just 5,000 get 4 games.

A ballot has never been a fair way to do it.

Arsenal have said their fans will need to bring ID with them and if it doesn't match what's on the ticket then no entry. That's very fair the club need to do everything they can to ensure they know who is going into the ground at the moment.

With 30.5k STH renewals available to apply for the ballot there'll be a certain number from that of supporters that either can't go due to change of circumstance or don't want to go due to health concerns or lack of motivation due to lack of atmosphere etc.

I think the capacity will be 25% of our STH number rather than capacity of Goodison which will help keep the numbers down and make it a bit more manageable. It'll be different for each club depending on their own stadiums and local councils. I also think certain stands will be used more depending on concourse sizes. Such as Lower Gwladys/ Park End & Top Balcony tend to have a bit more room in the compared to the Bullens & Main Stand etc.

Good luck to the admin staff at the club I hope everyone just lets them get on with it it'll be as fair as possible and don't give them too much hassle but judging by twitter I don't think that'll happen.

As I have a long way to travel I've discussed with mates who I travel with we'd rather apply for games like Brighton, Leeds, West ham than the Derby, Man Utd etc if it means we can travel to the same games as for us it's more than the 90 minutes and wouldn't fancy a 3-4 hour each way commute on our own. They've said that friends & family can be grouped together.

The Infection rate is above 1 and climbing, there is no credible track and trace system for slowing it down so we are about to be crushed by a second wave because the inept proto-fascist Government puts the economy before people lives.
And people are demanding we start introducing mass infection opportunities?

Crackers!

That's all your opinion and time will tell. I don't agree and think it's time our liberties were restored and personal responsibility was allowed again.

That's all your opinion and time will tell. I don't agree and think it's time our liberties were restored and personal responsibility was allowed again.

I guess you don't have any parents or grandparents who stand a chance of ending up dead if we return to normality too quick (as already evidenced we tried doing this and it's clearly failing due to increases in infections and people ending up in hospital on ventilators and these aren't opinions they are facts)

Our "liberties" were never taken away.

I don't like this whole some fans being allowed to go thing though, it's got to be all or nothing, either it's safe or it's not. Going to Goodison with around 10,000 people there would be rubbish anyway and just not the same.

I guess you don't have any parents or grandparents who stand a chance of ending up dead if we return to normality too quick (as already evidenced we tried doing this and it's clearly failing due to increases in infections and people ending up in hospital on ventilators and these aren't opinions they are facts)

That's the usual response and not one that's particularly fair or reasonable.

My opinion is that we have to protect the vulnerable and let the rest get back to normal. We can't return to lockdown or the country will collapse. Thankfully hospitalisations and deaths remain relatively low and hopefully continue to fall.

My opinion is that we have to protect the vulnerable and let the rest get back to normal. We can't return to lockdown or the country will collapse.

And how do you decide who is vulnerable and who is not ?

There's perfectly healthy people getting Covid and ending up with severe respiratory problems after they've gotten over the actual virus, it's selfish to want to return to normality at the expense of others health because you think you're an Ironman and can survive Covid when in reality you could just as easily get it and end up on a ventilator yourself, you just don't know!

And how do you decide who is vulnerable and who is not ?

There's perfectly healthy people getting Covid and ending up with severe respiratory problems after they've gotten over the actual virus, it's selfish to want to return to normality at the expense of others health because you think you're an Ironman and can survive Covid when in reality you could just as easily get it and end up on a ventilator yourself, you just don't know!

I certainly don't think I'm an ironman. Your sweeping generalisations are a bit weird considering you know nothing about me.

I think the risk of allowing our economy to tank creating millions of job losses is as big a risk currently as the threat of the virus. If there is mass employment then the lowest paid workers suffer.

Under this govt that will only end in one way.
Fans shouldnt be allowed in grounds till the vaccine is sorted out.

I'm sorry but that's not a credible argument. We don't even know an effective vaccine will ever become available. It's certainly not imminent.

People are free to take every precaution if they prefer to wait for a possible vaccine. But it's not credible to argue everyone else should be forced to follow suit.

We can't just stay in this perpetual state where we refuse to take step towards normality.

I certainly don't think I'm an ironman. Your sweeping generalisations are a bit weird considering you know nothing about me.

I think the risk of allowing our economy to tank creating millions of job losses is as big a risk currently as the threat of the virus. If there is mass employment then the lowest paid workers suffer.

SHUT UP AND PUT A MASK ON GRANNY KILLER

Status
Not open for further replies.