Football Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still support VAR, it just needs to be done properly, by competent individuals.

I was there yesterday & I agree it was farcical, but I’ve seen Everton cheated by bad decisions my whole life, while that lot got the opposite, so I want VAR to work.

It’s a farce that the footage isn’t shown on screen at the game! It should be shown (like it is in Rugby League), so the paying fans can see the decisions being made. That would add to the entertainment.

The league know they got that wrong yesterday. They don’t come out & make statements unless they know they’re being questioned.

The club should be making a representation, no question. That’s 2 weeks on the run we’ve been cheated by appalling decisions & inconsistency.

The technology isn’t the problem. It’s the clown using it.
and even have the decision maker voicing their thoughts live like on the cricket referrals.

Yes, I think Kante is a very good player. I'm not sure what you're getting at. Don't we all? :Blink:

'Decent' and 'Good' are different words that mean different things. That was my point entirely. A decent player, is not a good player.

Kante isn’t a just very good tho is he, he is in the top 1% of players on the planet in his position. He is world class , excellent and I. The elite group at what he does.

We used to say it’s like playing against 12 men the amount of bad refs we have had to put up with over the years. It’s now 11 v 13. Var worked very well in the World Cup for 2 reasons. Better referees and better video refs. The standard of refs in the premier league is abysmal.
The refs and officials in general could hide behind the argument about mistakes being made, due to how fast the game is in the premier league. But that was before VAR. what possible excuse can made for the decision to give a penalty against Keane and the even more ludicrous decision to not penalise Ali yesterday. Anthony Taylor is a poor ref, but an even worse VAR adjudicator. There isn’t one pundit or ex ref who agreed with his decision yesterday.

Sky has ruined all sport in my opinion with the possible exception of golf. I stopped going to the game years ago but had a couple of years where i did my dad duty and took my lad. I got more enjoyment watching him play on the Saturday morning than I did at goodison. VAR just seems like a gimmick to create false tension and talking points. Sky will be loving every minute

It's a VARse. No consistency, and spending far too long looking at replays. If its not a clear error then you shouldn't over rule the ref. If its a dispute the ref should be looking at a screen on field too. Premier league have made a mess of implementing it. And there's just as much bias in it as refs are terrified of giving decisions against bugger teams, two refs.

People should stop going to the game and stop paying for the tv. What incentive is there for anything to change when the grounds are packed out and the subscriptions keep increasing? Every team in the English football pyramid except 6 literally exist as cannon fodder for sky to make entertainment out of to profit their gambling company yet people just can’t get enough of it even though they know their own team is being unfairly shafted week on week on week and will never be allowed to win anything. People just need to stop but they’re incapable of it. Just stop paying.
I personally think our fans should boycott the derby and say we're not going to watch it at Anfield or on TV, that would be a start. So even if they beat us, it won't mean anything as we've made it quite clear, we know we are simply extras in the Liverpool show. Waiting for some last minute goal against us for them to show endlessly on Sky Sports or the BBC, to humiliate us. Other clubs should do the same against them.It saddens me that fans who don't have huge amounts of money, who are decent people who follow their team home and away have their weekends ruined by this nonsense
. Football used to be enjoyable, because you went with the belief you could actually get a result against the better sides. You had the happiness and surprise, when you got a result against one of the bigger sides, nowadays you just know that the RS will win games, so there is zero point in even watching or turning up. Salzburg come back from 3-0 down then let them score right after it's just beyond ridiculous. At one stage I would of gone to every game if I could, no more there's nothing enjoyable about watching modern football at all.
I think they have gone too far now, because clubs like Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs and United are doing appalling as well and if those clubs lose their armchair fans, that will mean Sky losing money. Arsenal are struggling to fill their stadium which was unheard of even 5 years ago for league games. The problem is, what has made the premier league so popular as opposed to other leagues is that anybody could beat anybody and that clubs like Everton, Newcastle, West Ham and other clubs filled their grounds and creating a hostile atmosphere for the big clubs. It's not like in Germany, Spain and Italy where half the fans at an away game are supporting Juventus, Bayern or Barcelona.You saw what happened when Rangers got relegated, it destroyed Scottish football, because there was nobody to challenge Celtic so that got less money from the TV, so the could buy players who could challenge in European football. Also there's only so many times Liverpool can get goals in the 94th minute and goalkeepers dropping balls into the net twice in 1 week before fans get suspicious.

In one match we've had:

- An opposition player allowed to blatantly dive in our area which led to a VAR check which easily could have been given;
- A blatant handball call even reviewed by VAR and not given - this must be given according to the rules!;
- VAR not used when it should be for Son's red card, which is then overturned somehow by the FA after they'd already come out and justified the red card;
- A 50/50 penalty for Richarlison not awarded, although this one I can understand given his disgusting and constant diving

Added to that the likes of the Keane penalty foul, and the likes of the Jagielka sending off last season, Niasse 'diving' red card, etc, it's clear we've been shafted all over the place. Takes a strong manager to come out and publicly slam the FA and those in charge for constantly getting it wrong, then the pressure would be on them to not see us constantly on the receiving end. But nah, Marco just calls for respect towards referees and the VAR system, an absolute joke of a man.

In one match we've had:

- An opposition player allowed to blatantly dive in our area which led to a VAR check which easily could have been given;
- A blatant handball call even reviewed by VAR and not given - this must be given according to the rules!;
- VAR not used when it should be for Son's red card, which is then overturned somehow by the FA after they'd already come out and justified the red card;
- A 50/50 penalty for Richarlison not awarded, although this one I can understand given his disgusting and constant diving

Added to that the likes of the Keane penalty foul, and the likes of the Jagielka sending off last season, Niasse 'diving' red card, etc, it's clear we've been shafted all over the place. Takes a strong manager to come out and publicly slam the FA and those in charge for constantly getting it wrong, then the pressure would be on them to not see us constantly on the receiving end. But nah, Marco just calls for respect towards referees and the VAR system, an absolute joke of a man.

Was there smoke coming out of your nostrils as you wrote this? Be honest with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.