Football Is Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, why so hostile?

It was a simple question. What sort of statement would you like the club to put out? What should it say?

Right don't mean at all to be hostile, think you've been hasty with that. So what should they say, hmmm well the first penalty was stonewall, hands above shoulder height and one of their main VAR stipulations, was if the hand was above shoulder height, it was. Maybe the club could just mention why they went against their stipulations and whether it's one rule for Everton and one for everyone else.
Are you still saying this wasn't a pen ? Or are you just what most people are saying....a wum.

Right don't mean at all to be hostile, think you've been hasty with that. So what should they say, hmmm well the first penalty was stonewall, hands above shoulder height and one of their main VAR stipulations, was if the hand was above shoulder height, it was. Maybe the club could just mention why they went against their stipulations and whether it's one rule for Everton and one for everyone else.
Are you still saying this wasn't a pen ? Or are you just what most people are saying....a wum.

Interesting take on it. I think it would be unprofessional of the club / manager to imply that the governing body are giving preferential treatment to other clubs, it's a baseless accusation. The Premier League have already responded as to why a penalty wasn't given, if you haven't read the statement, here it is:

"The VAR considered that both Alli and Mina were challenging for the ball in the air and Alli was under pressure from the attacker as the ball struck his hand. In his view it was not a clear and obvious error."

I think it would've been a soft pen.

Interesting take on it. I think it would be unprofessional of the club / manager to imply that the governing body are giving preferential treatment to other clubs, it's a baseless accusation. The Premier League have already responded as to why a penalty wasn't given, if you haven't read the statement, here it is:

"The VAR considered that both Alli and Mina were challenging for the ball in the air and Alli was under pressure from the attacker as the ball struck his hand. In his view it was not a clear and obvious error."

I think it would've been a soft pen.

Sigh, even Dermot Gallagher ex referee and sky pundit thinks it was a clear and obvious penalty, remember the bit about hands above the shoulder ? In fact Dermot was on his way to saying we should have had two pens. But you know best Kieran.

Sigh, even Dermot Gallagher ex referee and sky pundit thinks it was a clear and obvious penalty, remember the bit about hands above the shoulder ? In fact Dermot was on his way to saying we should have had two pens. But you know best Kieran.

So ex referee and Sky pundit, Dermot Gallagher, is right.

But current referees Anthony Taylor and Martin Atkinson, with no media contracts, are both wrong.

Interesting take.

Modern day football is crap.

Sky ruined it for the common man years ago.
Your'e completely right, when the TV money came in clubs like Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea for slightly different reasons were able to gain large numbers of supporters in Britain and across the world simply because they're on TV all the time. Look at how many Liverpool, Man United and Arsenal shirts you see people wearing in the far east and now even America. The TV money far exceeds the gate receipts, so therefore armchair supporters really have all the power. So clubs like Liverpool, who bring have far more armchair supporters bring in large amounts of money, do there is an incentive to ensure they do well. With United and Arsenal doing useless, because of poor management and appalling signings, Liverpool are really the only one the teams that can really be helped. I thought it was just me who was becoming sick of football, but it seems a growing percentage of supporters are becoming sick and tired of football being boring and predictable. We all knew Liverpool would get a last minute winner, we all know that Liverpool would of been given a penalty if Deli Ali had done the same thing in front of the Kop.

An entire life of loving football, but while that's been fading in recent years, it snapped for me tonight.

It's not about Everton, although them being abysmal doesn't help - it's about the lack of fairness, the corruption, the way money controls everything in the game.

I'm a season ticket holder who didn't go tonight because I simply couldn't be arsed. I stopped watching the moment that handball decision was made. I won't watch another minute of the sport.
Exactly the same here mate. For the first time ever I just couldn't be bothered to go yesterday

Comon it was a stonewall Pen, im wondering if you’re a blue or you are just on a windup?

I'm not the only one to suggest it would've been a soft penalty. I just argued that, because one ex referee thinks it was, doesn't make it so.

Because, respectfully, two current referees disagreed and didn't think it was after several minutes of checking, consulting and multiple angles.

Now unless, we're seriously entertaining the idea of corruption and conspiracy against Everton, then we have to acknowledge that perhaps it wasn't all that clear.

Not every decision is stone wall, sometimes it's subjective and sometimes it is a judgement call, refs have a hard job. On this occasion it went against us.

I'd rather focus on the performance, or lack of one thereof.

Status
Not open for further replies.