Football as We Know It Is Dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage

Player Valuation: £40m
It was an enjoyable watch until VaR came in and FFP
Every Weekend it seems like VAR controversy.takes over the headlines
Now it's clubs over the FFP. When is it going to STOP!!
The Biggest Killer to the game is cheating and Diving and unsportsmanlike behaviour.
When will this be tackled or will tackles be taken out of the game altogether?
When are we as fans going to get the sport we love back?
or is the game going to be a side show for seasons upon end where no body knows if they are going to be relegated, win the league or get into Europe until they find out by an Independent Body?

Last edited:
The Biggest Killer to the game is cheating and Diving and unsportsmanlike behaviour. When will this be tackled or will tackles be taken out of the game altogether?
Championship football?
I'm not advocating we get relegated btw.

Still not solving anything though is it?
Until you have a few clubs going on strike nothing will be solved. And I know you will have the few that sey well we were in breach anyway but so have many other clubs. But they are hiding accounts and prolonging things it in different areas. Still though what grinds my gears most is the diving and play acting that the body over it does not seem to want to try eradicate what so ever, in fact justify it

I said to my family after DCL got sent off I'm done with the sport. If that's the way it's going to be forget about it. Its not enjoyable anymore it's infuriating. And it's just not Everton games I have been infuriated there's been a lot of neutral games over the season that my mind has been boggled about with decisions.

Last edited:

Every penny that spurs and arsenal earn from their stadiums is an insult to any club hoping to make progress.
While West Ham only have to pay rent and no construction costs employing people and Man City the same? It's an absolute joke. The way things are going the club should have sold Goodison to a developer and got extra money rather than integrating it back into the community. I'm glad they didn't but shows what the premier League think

I wonder are the club the only to give their ground to the community without trying to sell it actually?

The Biggest Killer to the game is cheating and Diving and unsportsmanlike behaviour.
When will this be tackled or will tackles be taken out of the game altogether?

or is the game going to be a side show for seasons upon end where no body knows if they are going to be relegated, win the league or get into Europe until they find out by an Independent Body?
Ironically this is much more prevalent in the top ten clubs in the League.

Then you have cheating by VAR and match officials in favour of those top ten clubs.

And of course, then the PL punishes the bottom ten clubs for FFP and continue to "investigate" FFP irregularities for the top 10.

So, there is only one thing for Everton to do; become a top 10 club!

Game has been steadily getting worse for years.
Same teams winning everything.
Cap between the top and bottom of the prem growing every year.
VAR is a joke again favouring the so called elite.
Can't even celebrate a goal anymore.
Games ending at the whim of the officials in the var rooms.
The timings of the games, played at mad times and days.
Used to be part of the excitement ,Go the game Saturday get a result and find out how the teams around you did, not wait till midweek to find out.
It really added to the excitement of the day.
The cost is bloody scandalously high .
god help anybody bringing a family the game.
I have lost my love of the game. When I go now it's less and less
I find myself thinking other than seeing the lads it's past its sell buy date.
just to sanatized
Getting like American football to many breaks and lacks the spontaneous excitement.
The raw passion it used to have.
Has be diluted.
To be honest the powers that run the game are on the cusp of killing there own product,
Is it really going to sell a product around the world were certain teams just beat others more or less 9 times out of 10?
More and more of the people
I know are drifting away to be replaced by causal fans , problem with that is as soon as something else catches there eye they will be off there.
Can't blame them either.
The entertainment on show is expensive, rigged and to be honest mostly boring.
If Everton aren't playing I watch the lower league stuff rather than prem as it's more like the game
I used to know.

The football that we've known for the last couple of generations has already died.

Seen countless posts in the past 48 hours where fans have stated that whatever were being served at the moment is what we've been brought up on and they'd be correct.

Barely a discussion on player performance, transfers or any other traditional football conversation.

Instead it's replaced BY FFP, VAR and Amortisation of contracts.

Football isn't for the purists anymore, it's for people obsessed with garbage like xG, FPL over actually support their club and greed.

Peel back the layers though and once you're past the elite level, it's alive and kicking. Non League has never been as popular, the football league is competitive and despite not being everyone's cup of tea, International Football is flourishing (although they'll be over soon as FIFA have ruined that).

I'm just tired now, what's the point in being a fan of football unless you're part of the "big 6"... sit tight, we may get a run at the Conference League every now and then.

Game has been steadily getting worse for years.
Same teams winning everything.
Cap between the top and bottom of the prem growing every year.
VAR is a joke again favouring the so called elite.
Can't even celebrate a goal anymore.
Games ending at the whim of the officials in the var rooms.
The timings of the games, played at mad times and days.
Used to be part of the excitement ,Go the game Saturday get a result and find out how the teams around you did, not wait till midweek to find out.
It really added to the excitement of the day.
The cost is bloody scandalously high .
god help anybody bringing a family the game.
I have lost my love of the game. When I go now it's less and less
I find myself thinking other than seeing the lads it's past its sell buy date.
just to sanatized
Getting like American football to many breaks and lacks the spontaneous excitement.
The raw passion it used to have.
Has be diluted.
To be honest the powers that run the game are on the cusp of killing there own product,
Is it really going to sell a product around the world were certain teams just beat others more or less 9 times out of 10?
More and more of the people
I know are drifting away to be replaced by causal fans , problem with that is as soon as something else catches there eye they will be off there.
Can't blame them either.
The entertainment on show is expensive, rigged and to be honest mostly boring.
If Everton aren't playing I watch the lower league stuff rather than prem as it's more like the game
I used to know.
Don’t know whether you formatted it like this on purpose, but this has great rhythm!

Status
Not open for further replies.