Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely abysmal 2nd half. Too many of them looked like they didn't want to be there. Gordon has zero football brain. The midfield needs major surgery before start of the season

Another pre season friendly and nothing together terribly upset or enthused about.
When you see practicality the entire team changed at half time that tells you a lot.
Pumas,I thought were poor, they struggled with many of the basics and made the game easier for Everton.

I thought Kean looked lively as did Gray and Davies in the first half, the defence had very little to do.
Unfortunately Iwobi,in the middle, this time was ineffective again .

In the second half I thought Gordon looked determined to prove his worth to the manager and Broadhead the same.

Allan looked poor and Jamez was worse, losing the ball too easily in dangerous areas.
JJ Kenny for me looked poor as well.

A worthwhile training exercise but not much learned.

Second half was pretty meh last night - first half was really good, pace power aggression.

Midfield of Allan, Docoure and Gbamin along with James on the right meant we were so slow and immobile with no creativity in the middle.

Gbamin did well, Allan was dreadful and Docoure was meh.

First half I really enjoyed though, felt as we really looked good on the counter and wining the ball high up

I thought he did well.

Yeah Gordon did alright, set up a really good chance for James who shouldn't have scored. Isn't scared to take on his man using his pace.

Problem is There was nothing from full backs, nothing from the middle of the pitch so was tough for him to really link up with anyone.

Broadhead looked a useful outlet, maybe Benitez sees him being in a Bellamy type role for us?
David-Bellamy-dead-Broadcaster-and-naturalist-dies-aged-86-2210858.jpg

My personal hot take - Iwobi wasn't bad last night. The only player I really got frustrated with in that first half was Davies.. Gomes not too far behind but he at least pinged some decent passes.
I honestly thought Davies did well the first 15-20 and then faded out a little. Calm, tidy, good passing and most of them forward. In my eyes, the bigger issue in midfield is that when someone is carrying the ball the other midfielders and forwards go hiding instead of finding space. This forces the ball carrier to either dribble or pass sideways or backwards, or go long with a hopeful ball. Obviously not a great way to attack.

And that's the area in which Broadhead impressed me the most. He made himself available all over the front line. Clever movements, good runs, good technique, excellent workrate and he's unafraid as well. Kean could, ironically, learn something there.

Status
Not open for further replies.