Florida Cup 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what everyone's complaining about. We've been unable to play decent football for years now so why is everyone so surprised!? Decent quick passing - that would be a good start. When you start with nothing anything is an improvement. Watching our opponents consistently threaten with every move into our half and yet we hardly ever do that, or keep possession whilst doing something constructive, is intensely frustrating. What a joy it might be to actually hang on to the ball for a few seconds and look like there might be a threat to the opponents. (and, btw, don't quote Possession Stats because that's just the number of passes not the proportion of time with the ball).

It is o

But, seeing as Gordon and Townsend play on different sides of the pitch and we need consistency, we could not drop Andros for Gordon this season, it would be madness. Surprised at @Zatara for even suggesting it tbh
Townsend played both sides last night and was poor. Started left and switched throughout half with Gray. He didn't get in behind once. Gordon did it consistently.

Form and confidence is important with these kids. Gordon showed it this time last season then we stopped using him. I think Benitez will go safe with Townsend this season too and it's another wasted opportunity where Gordon is concerned.

Townsend played both sides last night and was poor. Started left and switched throughout half with Gray. He didn't get in behind once. Gordon did it consistently.

Form and confidence is important with these kids. Gordon showed it this time last season then we stopped using him. I think Benitez will go safe with Townsend this season too and it's another wasted opportunity where Gordon is concerned.

I didn't see last night game, but, Gordon often shows these windows of promise but doesnt quite make it happen. I agree, he needs consistent game time and that Benitez will always opt for the safe and experienced Townsend, neither should be near the starting position though, we really need that RW position to be filled and could bring one of these two off the bench.

I do think however, that Gordon will go aback on loan, even if it did not end too well last year (started off ok I think I recall).

Still a bit of deadwood in the squad....

Iwobi is as poor a footballer as I`ve seen for many a year. SIlva couldnt get a tune out of him, Anceoltti couldn`t and now Bentiez is struggling with him. We should be having some sort of termination clauses in these contracts because this sort of player is crippling us.

Kean reported wants to leave but was one of the better performers last night, all about attitude, or are we seeing the shoots of what a player he can be at Everton?

My personal hot take - Iwobi wasn't bad last night. The only player I really got frustrated with in that first half was Davies.. Gomes not too far behind but he at least pinged some decent passes.

Millionarios losing 3-2 with 30 mins to go here..

No idea why we didn’t play Athletico National as well ?!
That was an entertaining game, specially the first half. Nacional could have been a more challenging team than Puma but I’m thinking that Benitez may have given the choice and he probably preferred playing a Mexican team instead of playing against another Colombian club.

Status
Not open for further replies.