Flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the level of whining on here about the flags, the participation by the 39066 (less the Watford contingent) was pretty much unanimous... and to see all areas of the ground taking part was excellent.
And it wasn't just the kids who enjoyed it.
It looked terrific, the sirens raised the noise level and then Z-Cars took the noise to another level.

I was in the ground at 12.15 and the wind blowing the flags made Goodison look a genuine picture, a great sight.

Why don't the moaners try and support the team a bit more and get behind the efforts to improve the atmosphere, to help the team ??
100% it was actually sound and the whole stadium was involved

Considering the level of whining on here about the flags, the participation by the 39066 (less the Watford contingent) was pretty much unanimous... and to see all areas of the ground taking part was excellent.
It looked terrific, the sirens raised the noise level and then Z-Cars took the noise to another level.

I was in the ground at 12.15 and the wind blowing the flags made Goodison look a genuine picture, a great sight.

Why don't the moaners try and support the team a bit more and get behind the efforts to improve the atmosphere, to help the team ??
Pretty much this.
Had a good look around and could not see one person not holding a flag , every one on their feet too.
I think there are some "too cool for school" chaps on here that werent even there , but think they must make comment about it.
And the ones that did go surely must agree it all adds to the great atmosphere like today.....if they dont they need something else in their lives.

hear, hear Andy.

It was just brilliant :)

Not a fan, but also not overly arsed.
Just don’t wave your flag if you don’t want to init?

Yip.

That is the option I will be choosing.

Just so long as don't start handing out darned clappers like Leicester do

I am taking my own words back.

A few beers beforehand.....Goodison looking resplendent in the sunshine.....I was waving those flags like a big kid :dance:

Not really, it was just a thing for the first game of the season. I thought the whole ground was a step too far, maybe just the street end would of been better. Our fans are not now, nor will they ever been like the morons across the park or the contrived palace fans. The problem we've had a GP for a long time, is that you have fans not interested in vocally supporting the team in the street end, but mind you most of the ground get behind us in big games. Liverpool's atmosphere is so stage managed beyond belief you can't really take it seriously.
Kopite behavior.

Loved it. Doesn’t make us a plastic club, unless we start doing it every week. But for the start of the season, and other special occasions, European nights, etc it’s great.

Status
Not open for further replies.