Fixture List 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports
1h
Merry Christmas, Everton.
64370613_10157353613013762_3270604049577148416_o.jpg

Silva looks like he should be handing out candy from a white van near the playground in this rendering

Ok I’ll judge it now. I don’t understand why people are scared of Arsenal and Manchester United.

It's not about being scared of Arsenal or United. It's about preferring not to have to play the best teams in the league over a period of six weeks when everyone else seems to get more balance to their fixtures.

Tbf, the top 6 and us take up over a third of the league, so that does make the probability fairly high. I'm sure a few teams go through it.

I'm not sure I'd use 'high' but agreed it's clearly not one in a million. That said, I don't remember experiencing it often if at all over the previous say 20 years. And given how they do the fixtures, one season has a lot of similarity to the previous one. So I don't think it's purely random that we've ended up with a curious distribution of top 6 matches.

On the Arsenal thing you are correct,
As bad as Arsenal are with Lacazette and PEA up front there is goals there and strikers win you games .
Either one of those 2 would instantly make us a much better team

yes, either of them would put us in the top 4 conversation without a doubt.

But as for the rest of the side: let's look at the XI they ran out for the Europa League final, presumably both their best XI and the one most representative of their form at the end of the season.

Cech does not get into Everton's side ahead of Pickford
Their back 3 is Koscielny, Nacho, and Sokratis. Only Koscielny gets into Everton's back 4.
Their midfield 5: Kolasinac, Xhaka, Torriera, Maitland-Niles, Ozil. The only one I'd want is Xhaka.

More than matching up player-for-player, which is hard because the formations are different, they looked awful for the last couple of months. They looked like a keeper, two good strikers, and a bunch of guys running around aimlessly.

December, January, February and March we have 17 fixtures and we play teams from the current top six, 9 times that's a very tough set of fixtures. 'We're gonna win the league'

The problem is with the December fixtures is where our awful relegation form began and there was no explanation for that unless the Pickford thing really did knock them all out.
I think we matched all of the top 6 apart from City and Spurs at Goodison in every game regardless of results so I am a little optimistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.