Finishing Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
At present I would say 7th providing we get the new signings in the side ASAP especially the defenders.

If we had a top quality CF I would say possibly 6th

I had us down as 'best of the rest' before the season started, but now we're already above Manure and Arsenal, anything other than top four would be a let down to be honest.

Top 6 would be a fantastic season.

7th and a good 8+ points ahead of 8th would be a good season.

Anything less would be mediocre to poor.

People getting carried away with a decent start and the new manager/players buzz.

For me we only need to show we can control a game, play some actual football and have a go at winning the games against the top 6. Show the team/squad are buying into what the manager wants and putting the effort in on the pitch. Leave us at end of the season knowing what kind of a team we are, where we are at and with the belief that we will build on it and get better.

Im not gonna be going crazy at some defeats or bad runs if the overall outlook is positive. So I think anything in top 10 is ok so long as we can see all this....and just outside top 10 altho a bit worrying would also be somewhat acceptable if you can see clear understandable reasons why and can have a reasonable hope we will kick on in the 2nd season.

Patience is needed, the manager shouldnt be crucified by not living up to whatever heightened expectations a decent start to the season gives fans.

Spurs=no spend, Utd=Mourinho is crazy, Chelsea= New manager, Arsenal=New manager - Think there'll be quite a few shock results this season as teams, managers and players bed in at various teams... Key is picking up as many early points as possible

I seem to remember Phil Neville being asked that question a good few years back his answer was one of the dumbest things ever said, "our aim is to finish 4th we don't want to be second best"

Spurs=no spend, Utd=Mourinho is crazy, Chelsea= New manager, Arsenal=New manager - Think there'll be quite a few shock results this season as teams, managers and players bed in at various teams... Key is picking up as many early points as possible
We've got a new manager and new players also. The key for us finishing 6th or above is the players continuing to buy into Silvas tactics etc. Look how he's had more or less the same team as last season playing compared with Koeman, Unsy and Allardyce.

Status
Not open for further replies.