Fernandes transfer details

Status
Not open for further replies.

TX Tiburon

Player Valuation: £5m
Has there been any reliable information concerning a first right of refusal, purchase price in Fernandes' loan? It seems that we all knew the details in the Pineaar deal but I am not aware of the Manny details. Apologies if I missed this discussion already - my search didn't catch it.

The subject of what Manny's value has been discussed ad nausium. I am not really looking to start that gunfight again. But I would really like to know the details of his loan deal. We can debate his worth and upside all day but for me, until we know the strike price those discussions just give me tired-head.

I dont have a clue about how much he's worth or how much Valencia want for him during the state their club is in. All I know (if I can remember right) is that there is an option to buy clause in the the loan agreement.

What ever the agreed price,with them being short of cash Everton will renegotiate the price as its now a buyers market.if they have to sell players its in their interest for Manny to go rather than a first choice player(I hope);)

Not a bad idea that TX ;)

Well I doubt Valencia want to sell at at cut rate price.

I also doubt that anyone, including Everton, will want to buy him for anything near what Valencia paid for him.

So, it might make sense for all parties if he stays here on loan. That way:

A) Everton don't shell out big bucks, still retain his services, and get to evaluate him for another season and,

B) Valencia still have him on the books, can recall him at any time, and hope that his value starts to work it's way back up with regular playing time.

Naturally Valencia could recall him and play him more but I don't know if that's in the cards. We shall see.

Well I doubt Valencia want to sell at at cut rate price.

I also doubt that anyone, including Everton, will want to buy him for anything near what Valencia paid for him.

So, it might make sense for all parties if he stays here on loan. That way:

A) Everton don't shell out big bucks, still retain his services, and get to evaluate him for another season and,

B) Valencia still have him on the books, can recall him at any time, and hope that his value starts to work it's way back up with regular playing time.

Naturally Valencia could recall him and play him more but I don't know if that's in the cards. We shall see.

The only loser mate, is the lad himself i wonder does the uncertainty over his future and moving form county to country, club to club effect his game.

An intresting afternote, dont forget that manny didnt have much of asumeer last year playing in the U21 tournament. I wonder will he be selected for the Senior Euro Finals.

he isnt good enough to be bought, bring him in for another year as we did with pienaar.he represents and expensive buy, and hasnt cut it all on his return...jeez the everton squad is full of light weight pansies lately. Aresenal yesterday where easily able to shrug our daises off lol

The only loser mate, is the lad himself i wonder does the uncertainty over his future and moving form county to country, club to club effect his game.

An intresting afternote, dont forget that manny didnt have much of asumeer last year playing in the U21 tournament. I wonder will he be selected for the Senior Euro Finals.

You make a good point and I believe that IF Valencia were to be willing to let him out another year on loan, that Everton would make the most sense as he'd be more settled here than anywhere else.

you make a very good point tex, the lad needs stability..but i cant see valencia letting him out on another loan spell, from what i know they want to tie up the deal for £13m or close to that figure this summer.

you make a very good point tex, the lad needs stability..but i cant see valencia letting him out on another loan spell, from what i know they want to tie up the deal for £13m or close to that figure this summer.

You're probably right and they'd want to cash in.

I'm just hoping they'll be stubborn enough to be hard and fast in their asking price which we'd assume to be close to what they paid for him.

When they find out that no one is willing to come in at that price, then perhaps they'd be willing to loan him to us again.

But I agree and say that the chances of that happening are slim.

In both local papers today that Valencia want 12m and Everton are not interested in that at all. They may try and get him back on loan but his club arent keen

it would be something like trying to sell arteta for i think 12 million or something...no one came in when his price tag was put on him. I do think players values are dropping each year thankfully, but these days its not so much how much they cost to buy..but how much they cost in wages each year...you know the greed of prem players, and you know i dont blame them, if they can get it..but personally I'd love to have David Bentley playing for us..and moyes making it a reality..he is a english class act..and someone that drastically improve our midfield.

Last edited:
In both local papers today that Valencia want 12m and Everton are not interested in that at all. They may try and get him back on loan but his club arent keen

Well then he's as good as gone.

Like I said, we're in the driver's seat on this one, not Valencia.

Moyes can turn his attentions to Arshavin or other similar players that he's had his eye on.

Status
Not open for further replies.