Fernandes transfer details

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well then he's as good as gone.

Like I said, we're in the driver's seat on this one, not Valencia.

Moyes can turn his attentions to Arshavin or other similar players that he's had his eye on.

I agree - try to get him on another year's loan (or a ridiculously low buy price), and if not, then tell them "thanks, but no thanks"...

Either way, the money could be much better spent on Arshavin or someone of that class, and there's always the chance Valencia will take the loss graciously and sell Manny to us at a discount rate in the end anyway.

That would be my ideal situation, anyway!

jeez what a totally lousy call he / his agent made last summer huh..? nightmare.

he obviously lacks some conviction right now but still turns in a decent display. he was one of our better performers against arsenal.

12mil is crazy talk. i'd be happy if we can get him on loan or worth an investment for sensible money. i think manny could build a strong all round game under moyes.

we absolutely must be looking at players who can develop and grow into the team and manny fits that bill.

Good point there.

You wonder if his agent had his best interests at heart (Everton) or where he could get the biggest slice of an inflated transfer fee (Valencia).

If I were Manny, I'd have canned my agent after that debacle as he's in serious limbo now.

I even wonder if Valencia are willing to try and work him into their squad again.

I just can't see this happening now. Sad really but Mannys form has dropped as of late to soften the blow of his exit.

Really?

I actually think he's improved over the last few matches for us and frankly, has been our only danger man.

Sad though I guess is that might be a damning indictment of our current form.

Bill to some extent your right he has improved from his first introduction when he wasn't match fit. He really has eye candy apeal on the ball with smooth passes but hardly a game breaker for 10-12 million I'm afraid. I'm sitting on the sideline and will be watching how Davey and the lads at Valencia work it out. My humble opinion is it won't happen. Now if he had bagged some big goals for us or turned a few games then I would think different.

Bill to some extent your right he has improved from his first introduction when he wasn't match fit. He really has eye candy apeal on the ball with smooth passes but hardly a game breaker for 10-12 million I'm afraid. I'm sitting on the sideline and will be watching how Davey and the lads at Valencia work it out. My humble opinion is it won't happen. Now if he had bagged some big goals for us or turned a few games then I would think different.

...except that we (nor anyone else) will be paying 10-12M for him.

Valencia took a bath on the deal. We know it. They know it. Everyone else knows it.

If they sell, they'll be taking a loss. I'd say they'll get no more than 7-8M for him and I personally think he's worth that price.

he has started to show a bit of form lately but deffo not worth 12 mil.

i would like to see him on loan again but cant see this happening.

unless its late in the window and noybody comes in for him then valencia maybe willing to do business then

I agree late in the window Derek and I agree also with Bill 7 million because of his age and a direct replacement for Cars that would be a go. In fact seeings he hasn't set the world alight this year he could fly under the radar for less. We will have to wait and see.

I will say this though we still need to high quality signings this summer preferrably midfielders with ball skills and some height to them.

I agree late in the window Derek and I agree also with Bill 7 million because of his age and a direct replacement for Cars that would be a go. In fact seeings he hasn't set the world alight this year he could fly under the radar for less. We will have to wait and see.

I will say this though we still need to high quality signings this summer preferrably midfielders with ball skills and some height to them.

spot on there.

7 million would be good business. midfield has been our problem this year i think we need 2 quality midfielders and a quality striker.

I'd pay up to 10 million for him. As far as I'm concerned he's still as good as he was last season and will only get better in the future. Players don't go [Poor language removed] over night.

The majority of Evertonians raved about him last season and Moyes was willing to pay 12 million in the summer which showed how much he rated him. The fact that he brought him back again proved even more how much he rates the kid.

Are there better realistic options out there? I seriously don't think so. The likes of Sidwell and Bradley players we are definatly interested in are not a patch on him in terms of current ability and potential.

I'd pay up to 10 million for him. As far as I'm concerned he's still as good as he was last season and will only get better in the future. Players don't go [Poor language removed] over night.

The majority of Evertonians raved about him last season and Moyes was willing to pay 12 million in the summer which showed how much he rated him. The fact that he brought him back again proved even more how much he rates the kid.

Are there better realistic options out there? I seriously don't think so. The likes of Sidwell and Bradley players we are definatly interested in are not a patch on him in terms of current ability and potential.

Sorry but the above post just made way too much common sense to be posted on Grand Old Team.

I expect that Toxteth Blue will be banned in short order. lol

Danny? Dylan?

Status
Not open for further replies.