Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cracking player, shame we can't get into the champions league. Someone has said cabaye as a replacement, aren't they different positional players?

If you were drawing up a 4 year contract for a 23 year old who'd cost 15 million a few years ago and, say, 22 million
occurred to you as his market value over the next 12 months or so, would you lock that figure into a release clause? Wouldn't you think that the value of a highly regarded 23 year old would rise substantially over the course of the term of that contract and allow for it? Four years is a long time to commit to a sale price and making allowance for that contingency seems basic, to me.

Yeah, he definitely held us to ransom. [Poor language removed] him, I've never liked him (ahem) and we don't need him. So long as that clause is at least £22 million (and not a penny less) I'd be happy to sell. If he commits for another season, good. He can still contribute. But I personally believe £22 million will contribute more than he would, provided Martinez sees at least £17 million's worth.

If you were drawing up a 4 year contract for a 23 year old who'd cost 15 million a few years ago and, say, 22 million
occurred to you as his market value over the next 12 months or so, would you lock that figure into a release clause? Wouldn't you think that the value of a highly regarded 23 year old would rise substantially over the course of the term of that contract and allow for it? Four years is a long time to commit to a sale price and making allowance for that contingency seems basic, to me.

His agent must have put pressure on us, must have either this clause or run his contract down. He protecting himself, making sure we don't price him out of a move.

Must admit thought this myself. How can you set a fee for a player who's stock could very likely rise. However I think most of us were quite suprised when he signed the contract ext in the first place so it was quite obvious some sort of escape clause must of existed.

I think he's a brilliant player but most definately replaceable. It's a win/win for us, but IMO the best thing is if he moves on. I know it's highly unlikely but if I was offered the chance to loose fellaini but get Rooney back I would be exstactic!

We need a hero striker more than fellaini.

Something to think about, just because he has an escape clause to play for a Champions League team doesn't necessarily mean there is a set fee involved.

Something to think about, just because he has an escape clause to play for a Champions League team doesn't necessarily mean there is a set fee involved.

Bill's basically admitted it and the local press here have been running with 24 mill. Usually if they upset the club they'll be in a world of ****e and that doesn't seem to be the case.

I got told a rumour, that Felli wants to sign an extension with Everton ( Higher wages, but also a higher release fee as well )

Apparently he is happy to stay with us for another year, wants to make sure he is playing all the time ( Which he knows he will do at us ) to cement his place in the Belgium team for the world cup next year.

I've taken what I have been told with a pinch of salt, maybe the likes of Sheedy have heard similar???????

I got told a rumour, that Felli wants to sign an extension with Everton ( Higher wages, but also a higher release fee as well )

Apparently he is happy to stay with us for another year, wants to make sure he is playing all the time ( Which he knows he will do at us ) to cement his place in the Belgium team for the world cup next year.

I've taken what I have been told with a pinch of salt, maybe the likes of Sheedy have heard similar???????
Hadn't he hit the wage limit on his last contract. Just cos of the extra money, the players will want extra wages well I hope we don't go down that route giving our extra revenue to the players and agents.

I would love him to stay obviously but see it from the side of having more money to spend. I still dont think we could replace him for less than the amount we would sell him for.
I would rather give him extra and keep him. Even at 26m we will break even when you include the wages we have paid.
I guess it depends what the Martinez thinks of him and if he will be vital to his new era.

I would love him to stay obviously but see it from the side of having more money to spend. I still dont think we could replace him for less than the amount we would sell him for.
I would rather give him extra and keep him. Even at 26m we will break even when you include the wages we have paid.
I guess it depends what the Martinez thinks of him and if he will be vital to his new era.
So you want to give the extra money we have made to the players, if we do this we wont be able to afford a bigger squad. He rich enough, if he doesn't like it then sell him. Our wage bill is already crippling us.

Would be good. The higher wages would only be for a year and an increase in his release clause would be good. Henderson was 20m, and Fellaini is 5x the player he is but is available for 23m, makes no sense at all.

Increase it by 5m, 28m and offer him another million a year on his wages. He's only got another year left with us tops so it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.