Homepage Article Everton's Statement On European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come what may the 6 will not be banned from the PL. God knows what compromises will be scratched out. It is one awful gut wrenching mess. Even Herr Klipp said why do we want yet more games on top of what we already have?

Strange lot.

They are fuming about the ESL, we agree with them, then they fume at use for doing it.....
Because they are the problem and they know it. They are the LA Lakers of football and that is why their owners are trying to cash in on it. I genuinely feel a bit sorry for the real scouse kopites, because they have to turn a blind eye to these whoppers who flood social media with their faux support... They're the ones that think showing how big of a fan you are involves being as aggressive and offensive as possible, while knowing nothing about the history of their club or English football.

Come what may the 6 will not be banned from the PL. God knows what compromises will be scratched out. It is one awful gut wrenching mess. Even Herr Klipp said why do we want yet more games on top of what we already have?
Don't know how you can say this.

1. PL Rule 9 broken. The '6' have joined another football organisation, which is explcitly against Rule 9 to which they signed up to.

2. The overarching organisation to which all European national leagues are affiliated, UEFA, are looking to ban all players of the '12' clubs from European competitions. Given the affiliation, that not only includes international matches, but surely national competitions also, i.e. national leagues. The clout of UEFA is big, and with the President of UEFA being made a fool of by Woodward last week, I think UEFA are in no mood to go soft on the 12.

3. So, even if the PL go soft on the '6', their action may be trumped by what UEFA finally delivers. Make no mistake, UEFA will call the final shot, and they appear to be like a bear with a sore backside...

A brilliant statement that hits all the right notes.
My feeling is that man city will pull from this super League just cannot understand their owners on this they have more money than they could ever spend and will tarnish all there fantastic work around Eastlands and the local community
What fantastic work? @anxiouswarrior claims that they haven’t done much beyond build a library. Gary Neville praised what City have done but I’m going with angrywarrior because he always knows best.

Status
Not open for further replies.