Everton's Fa cup record

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit strong that mate...

Couldn't you just have abused him for being a scruffy, unshaven, yellow toothed, touch line dancing buffoon ?

Was checking his post history and was wondering if its too late to request he be banned for this utter shambles of a post.

Hard to believe they charged over £40 for those seats for cat A fixtures. Fans probably got a better view in the Bradford fire stand.

We could and should have a much better overall record,i would say our record should read ten league titles(we cocked up in both 74-75,and 85-86,we should really by the law of averages gained one more crown out of those two seasons)the fa cup?1968/1985/1986/1989/2009(we had a shot at it,but Chelsea were streets ahead) finals lost,countless semi finals thrown away,1969/1971/1977/1980/2012,where if won we may well have gone on to win it,league cup?1977/1984,very harsh,we should have nicked one title,european cup...doh,i know I will have missed out a lot from our very early history too(two world wars broke out when we won the league both times)so apologies,i would summise everything being equal our record should read,ten league titles,eight fa cups,one league cup,one ECWC,and who knows very possible one European cup?feel free to say this is all conjecture but I do feel we have been an "unlucky'club in the main,and anything that has been achieved has been earned!!!!

I grew up in the 1980s and was always proud of our fa cup record of final and semi final appearances aswell as witnessing us winning it in 84 and 95.
Sadly now our very mediocre stats reads 3 fa cup victories since World War 2 ended, when you compare that to Arsenal who have now won it 3 times since 2014 it makes you realise how far down the pecking order our once proud club have fallen.
murderer.

Arsenal have been in the CL for the past 20 years, only just missing out this year and have spent near £80m on two players, can't even compare us to Arsenal.

Which is sadly how far we have fallen. In 1995 we had won 5 FA cups Arsenal 6. Also league titles we were both on 9. So for over 100 years very comparable, 20 years of no investment/ lack of ambition/acceptance of failure has left us a million miles apart.

League title is the most prestigious and arguably the hardest thing to win as it's won over 38 (and more in the past) games.

That's why people say we're the 4th most successful English team.

We have won 15 trophies in 140 years, and sorry but Chelsea have won 14 in the last 14 years on top of half a dozen or so previously so that does put us behind them I'm afraid.I know which record I would rather have.

We have won 15 trophies in 140 years, and sorry but Chelsea have won 14 in the last 14 years on top of half a dozen or so previously so that does put us behind them I'm afraid.I know which record I would rather have.
The details are here.......Arsenal's cup win not included.......the scary bit is those first four numbers in Liverpool's list
Manchester United 20 12 5 – 21 58 – 3 1 1 1 – 6 1 1 66
Liverpool 18 7 8 1 16 50 – 53 311 – – 61
Arsenal 13 12 2 1 14 42 1 – 1 – – – 2 – – 44
Chelsea 6 7 5 2 4 24 – 1 2 1 1 – 5 – – 29
Aston Villa 7 7 5 – 3 22 – 1 – – 1 1 3 – – 25
Tottenham Hotspur 2 8 4 – 8 22 – – 1 2 – – 3 – – 25
Everton 9 5 – – 9 23 – – 1 – – – 1 – – 24
Manchester City 4 5 4 – 4 17 – – 1 – – – 1 – – 18

I grew up in the 1980s and was always proud of our fa cup record of final and semi final appearances aswell as witnessing us winning it in 84 and 95.
Sadly now our very mediocre stats reads 3 fa cup victories since World War 2 ended, when you compare that to Arsenal who have now won it 3 times since 2014 it makes you realise how far down the pecking order our once proud club have fallen.

Hello mate. Which end did Degsy score the first goal? How about Brace to Tricky 40 yarder bang top corner - who were we playing - what was the score? How about the twice taken free kick both times scored (which end, which opponent?)

Last edited:
I personally went to Wembley 8 times in the 80s. 3 FA Cup finals, 1 league cup and 4 Charity Shields. I missed the 89 cup final and probably a Charity Shield too. It's all a distant memory now.

Status
Not open for further replies.