Everton's Fa cup record

Status
Not open for further replies.

crockyblue79

Player Valuation: £950k
I grew up in the 1980s and was always proud of our fa cup record of final and semi final appearances aswell as witnessing us winning it in 84 and 95.
Sadly now our very mediocre stats reads 3 fa cup victories since World War 2 ended, when you compare that to Arsenal who have now won it 3 times since 2014 it makes you realise how far down the pecking order our once proud club have fallen.

Hello mate your posting history makes interesting reading. Will it be your year next year?
Hopefully,but I think we are no longer a cup side like the 60s,70s and 80s. Also we can't hack playing the top sides away from Goodison e.g Wembley.

Hopefully,but I think we are no longer a cup side like the 60s,70s and 80s. Also we can't hack playing the top sides away from Goodison e.g Wembley.

More like we can't even hack playing rubbish at home in the cup, Wigan, Oldham, Leicester, Blackburn, Reading, Tranmere, Bradford, need I go on? Even worse in the league cup but I won't go there

More like we can't even hack playing rubbish at home in the cup, Wigan, Oldham, Leicester, Blackburn, Reading, Tranmere, Bradford, need I go on? Even worse in the league cup but I won't go there
True that but I was also referring to the few times we have reached the latter stages this century we have always failed against the Liverpool, Chelsea's or United's of this world when we have had a big chance.

I grew up in the 1980s and was always proud of our fa cup record of final and semi final appearances aswell as witnessing us winning it in 84 and 95.
Sadly now our very mediocre stats reads 3 fa cup victories since World War 2 ended, when you compare that to Arsenal who have now won it 3 times since 2014 it makes you realise how far down the pecking order our once proud club have fallen.

It's the weekend mate go have fun ;)

True that but I was also referring to the few times we have reached the latter stages this century we have always failed against the Liverpool, Chelsea's or United's of this world when we have had a big chance.

Agree with that too, either get done by a good team or a rubbish team - still go out! Does my head in, only 3 days of my near 50 years have I celebrated us winning a cup. Yet some people would take 4th over a cup final win. Desperate to do it again and share it with my son.

Battered Chelsea the other year.

But what an odd thread.
Its not really odd, I have just watched the fa cup final and it made me compare the league's two longest serving members Arsenal and Everton's record in the main domestic cup competition and it made realise ours is naff.

Status
Not open for further replies.