Everton Youth Teams Thread

I expect Reece Welch will go out on loan next season, that Stanley Mills and Tom Cannon will probably join the first team squad and Samuels Smith as young as he is may be around the first team squad.
Apart from those I am not sure if there is anybody else in the academy who will be even near the first team or ever will be.

I expect Reece Welch will go out on loan next season, that Stanley Mills and Tom Cannon will probably join the first team squad and Samuels Smith as young as he is may be around the first team squad.
Apart from those I am not sure if there is anybody else in the academy who will be even near the first team or ever will be.

…..my concern with Weich is his lack of competitiveness. i’ve seen him bullied out of games, so for once I actually think a season playing alongside and against seasoned professionals in league games that matter will be ideal for us to judge him.

…..my concern with Weich is his lack of competitiveness. i’ve seen him bullied out of games, so for once I actually think a season playing alongside and against seasoned professionals in league games that matter will be ideal for us to judge him.

It's a shame that loan move with MK Dons fell through at the last minute as that would have given us a good indication of where he was physically and mental ability to cope in high pressured games.

It's a shame that loan move with MK Dons fell through at the last minute as that would have given us a good indication of where he was physically and mental ability to cope in high pressured games.

…really good point, Matey. i noticed him in the tunnel for the Bournemouth game and he was taller than Simms, so he has the physicality. He looks a ‘classy’ type of defender, as you say we should find out about his attitude and application if he’s loaned out.

I have concerns, but just imagine if he’s very good and we suddenly have him and Branthwaite in our squad.

I’ve said this before, the EFL PapaJohn trophy was the best marker for a number of our u21s last season , you could see the ones who were comfortable and not intimidated playing against men - Welch , Mills, Price , Cannon , Anderson . I’m sure scouts watching used these performances to initiate loan moves like Cannon’s , nearly Welch’s and Anderson’s permanent move . It was a shame Welch’s loan was pulled by MK Dons, they really shouldn’t have initiated that when they were preparing to bring in an experienced centre back. All three that are left still have a way to go to prove they’re first team squad material but his loan move has propelled Cannon to the front of the queue ahead of Mills, then Welch.

…really good point, Matey. i noticed him in the tunnel for the Bournemouth game and he was taller than Simms, so he has the physicality. He looks a ‘classy’ type of defender, as you say we should find out about his attitude and application if he’s loaned out.

I have concerns, but just imagine if he’s very good and we suddenly have him and Branthwaite in our squad.

With the u21s you can see he plays well within himself as he barely has to get out of 2nd gear. Must be then difficult to go through the gears when the odd big match comes up so a loan definitely will have to be considered. They just need to make sure its the right one which is the hard part!

I’ve said this before, the EFL PapaJohn trophy was the best marker for a number of our u21s last season , you could see the ones who were comfortable and not intimidated playing against men - Welch , Mills, Price , Cannon , Anderson . I’m sure scouts watching used these performances to initiate loan moves like Cannon’s , nearly Welch’s and Anderson’s permanent move . It was a shame Welch’s loan was pulled by MK Dons, they really shouldn’t have initiated that when they were preparing to bring in an experienced centre back. All three that are left still have a way to go to prove they’re first team squad material but his loan move has propelled Cannon to the front of the queue ahead of Mills, then Welch.

Yep definitely. I think it even helped Simms before he got his first loan move (was that to Hearts?)

Cannon definitely excelled, gained confidence and took his chance with Preston with both hands.