Everton Youth Teams Thread

That's kind of what I meant, but was blaming the coach rather than players, rightly or wrongly.

England have turned it round to 4-2, played well since going 2-1 down.

Could be a bit of both. I haven’t really been impressed with any of the U17 squads I’ve seen outside the odd player. It is very young football though. I mean even in the U20 tournament they’re using all the best 16-year olds.

I think he is probably finished with the academy now and will be first team only next season... or maybe a loan.

…I’ve always liked him, even suggesting a couple of years ago that his future could be as a full-back. Looks like that ship has sailed but I like that he comes from good stock with his Dad being an England International & his brother one of the country’s top distance runners.

Ability, athleticism and application. He has a future in the game.

…I’ve always liked him, even suggesting a couple of years ago that his future could be as a full-back. Looks like that ship has sailed but I like that he comes from good stock with his Dad being an England International & his brother one of the country’s top distance runners.

Ability, athleticism and application. He has a future in the game.

Any chance he could revert back to being a right back? How is he defensively?

Full backs who can get up and down and is comfortable going forward is exactly what we need.

Any chance he could revert back to being a right back? How is he defensively?

Full backs who can get up and down and is comfortable going forward is exactly what we need.

…I think there is still a chance, although he has been tried there but the club didn’t persevere.

I watched a game he played at RB & he did struggle against a difficult opponent but I’m a big fan of converting wingers to full back (Valencia and Young were terrific in recent times for United but some of our greatest defenders started life further forward; Ray Wilson, Tommy Wright and I actually watched John Hurst play at CF in 1965 FA Youth Cup win).

Tony Hibbert played central midfield in an FA Youth Cup win & I actually recommended him to a manager in the lower league as a good prospect at RB.

…I think there is still a chance, although he has been tried there but the club didn’t persevere.

I watched a game he played at RB & he did struggle against a difficult opponent but I’m a big fan of converting wingers to full back (Valencia and Young were terrific in recent times for United but some of our greatest defenders started life further forward; Ray Wilson, Tommy Wright and I actually watched John Hurst play at CF in 1965 FA Youth Cup win).

Tony Hibbert played central midfield in an FA Youth Cup win & I actually recommended him to a manager in the lower league as a good prospect at RB.
Bloody hell eggs that manager dodged a bullet then didn't he lol

Different views , but I’ve never seen this mate seeI and I think there’s a reason the club didn’t persevere …. he’s not a full back.

Mills earned his award by consistent , at times breathtaking, forward play , driving at defenders , going outside, cutting inside and always with an eye for shooting at goal with both feet. He may well have been top goalscorer for the u 21s , I haven’t checked . They tried him in central midfield for a few games and I thought he looked good there too, but they prefer him to play wide right. They see things in training that we don’t .

Mills, Cannon, Welch, Price really upped their game in the EFL /Papa John trophy and Mills showed he can play well against men so a loan next season is on the cards, hopefully at Championship level, but somewhere where he is playing regularly.

Different views , but I’ve never seen this mate seeI and I think there’s a reason the club didn’t persevere …. he’s not a full back.

Mills earned his award by consistent , at times breathtaking, forward play , driving at defenders , going outside, cutting inside and always with an eye for shooting at goal with both feet. He may well have been top goalscorer for the u 21s , I haven’t checked . They tried him in central midfield for a few games and I thought he looked good there too, but they prefer him to play wide right. They see things in training that we don’t .

Mills, Cannon, Welch, Price really upped their game in the EFL /Papa John trophy and Mills showed he can play well against men so a loan next season is on the cards, hopefully at Championship level, but somewhere where he is playing regularly.

….my thinking is that the skill set for a top flight attacker is so difficult to achieve. A player has to be very talented to make the transition from Academy to first team.

I do think that those with the right attributes of quality, athleticism and application can transition to be a very good full back. Mills has more of a chance if he converts. It’s not a daft suggestion, many top full backs in history were converted forwards and in latter times, Enner Valencia and Ashley Young were very good after converting.

Anyone know how much we got for him, dont think the tribunal fee was ever revealed but this says we got £5m.

Edit- link wont work for some reason, but its spurs in for Thierry Small

https://twitter.com/[Publication is...044423347150849?t=W6VQCbEl9Mq5K5oFu7AQgw&s=19

Anyone know how much we got for him, dont think the tribunal fee was ever revealed but this says we got £5m.

Edit- link wont work for some reason, but its spurs in for Thierry Small

Sounds about right, probably a decent sell on fee too if he is sold again.

Southampton offered £1.5mil and we wanted £5mil.

Theres nothing public aside from on a dodgy football transfers site which has it at £3.7mil.